...another SWIPE--Science/God? /:-) / )-:\

  • NEFILIM001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 7:08 PM
      Hello George;
      I really like reading / comprehending your fine and honest Writings.

      and

      Hello Nolan;
      I really like reading / comprehending your fine and honest Writings.

      I don't quite know if either of you are as stated: "... looking for a
      fight." I enjoy both of your 'Works'--and would truly like to 'see/hear'
      both/each of you work at RESPONDING & not REACTING to each other or the rest of us.
      Even if you both ignore my pleadings, it will be "interesting", still
      'listening' to what you have to 'say.'

      I really does seem we have bits n' pieces of true genius peppered here
      & there among the knooks and Krannies of this GreatGroup; and like most such
      Stratospheric Intellectual gatherings, we sometimes tend not to choose to
      {"hear" others among ourSelves calmly and rationally. We each feel we are
      [always] "speak(ing)" calmly and rationally from our own Souls and Spirits.}

      ----May I say, speaking of course from the non-Religious side of an
      argument, that no person need NECESSARILY be Religious to tend the sick and feed the
      poor. The Martin, and The Teresa and The Ghandi can have been S I M P L
      Y Social and Intellectual Beings while do(ing) 'nice' and logical and social
      things FOR their fellow Beings. Religion is not the only manner in which
      one can bring peace, aid and comfort to others!

      I am not in the least bit Religious; yet I have always looked out for
      others' welfare before mine, in my family commitment and outside it--often to my
      own detriment. I do it, not out of a sense of GodISM nor Guilt--but because it
      is often Needed. AND I often give Directly to an individual in need--not to
      huge Organizations. (How come we MUST revisit "Charity" scandals every so
      often? Hummm.)

      Yes, I am a Nihilistic, UnReligious person--(and am actively and lovingly
      and intellectually) becoming moreso daily. But I am as 'Good' as any who sit
      on church pews, or preach in deepest darkest India.
      ~ . ~ .~. ~ .~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

      A very intelligent ExistList Member stated:
      "You don't have a monopoly on understanding."
      No. None of us do. But we need to slow down and realize we all Stand-Under
      the wit and accomplishment of those who came before us. Can we
      All-Just-Get-Along and "Exchange" Understanding(s) without rancor or temper? Let us
      learn to smile through our wonderful wordy paragraphs; let us feel our ExistList
      Member's honest 'effort(s)' to communicate their Brand or Fashion or Style of
      Open-mindedness to the rest of us, at any given moment. Is it not all about
      Communication and Understanding?

      I remain open to WhatEver any/every one has to say. It is neither here nor
      there if One is 'Right' or 'Wrong'. I do reserve the consistent ExistRight
      to note our listless extremes and to challenge any I might observe--in a
      measured manner, of course.

      This 'stuff' is all too Wonderful and the space to think and observe and
      care--here on this planet is all to Rare, for us to ARGUE. I prefer to exchange
      ideas/ideals instead.

      Sincerely,
      Frank
      ps: btw...there is a lot of conversation about certain
      "ReligiousExistentialists".

      pps: In my modest understanding Religion is about: bending to the spirit
      and teachings of a higher power--outside the Individual. This notion seems
      antithetical to Existentialism in my modest Opinion. IT All Begins and Ends
      with the Individual--and GodISMs are not in the least bit involved in
      ExistentialPhilosophy. ((with all this stilted *palaver...still i remain, ever
      'Open-minded'...)) /:-)

    • Bob Keyes
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 8:49 PM
[...]

        Bob...True, but who else to judge. I say speak freely let us be the judge. I
        find their dialogue fine and with meaning. Perhaps this was not the meaning
        your bias was looking for.

        ----May I say, speaking of course from the non-Religious side of an
        argument, that no person need NECESSARILY be Religious to tend the sick and
        feed the
        poor. The Martin, and The Teresa and The Ghandi can have been S I M P
        Y Social and Intellectual Beings while do(ing) 'nice' and logical and
        social
        things FOR their fellow Beings. Religion is not the only manner in which
        one can bring peace, aid and comfort to others!

        Bob.. Duh....

        I am not in the least bit Religious; yet I have always looked out for
        others' welfare before mine, in my family commitment and outside it--often
        to my
        own detriment. I do it, not out of a sense of GodISM nor Guilt--but
        because it
        is often Needed. AND I often give Directly to an individual in need--not
        huge Organizations. (How come we MUST revisit "Charity" scandals every so
        often? Hummm.)

        Bob. You give because it brings you pleasure (biological)

[...]

        Bob. I thought that was what they were doing. Because you have some warped
        sense of "you cant say things like that is rude" well forget it. What
        transpired was human communication, and for you to try to warp it into what
        you think it should be I find reprehensible.

        I remain open to WhatEver any/every one has to say. It is neither here nor
        there if One is 'Right' or 'Wrong'. I do reserve the consistent ExistRight
        to note our listless extremes and to challenge any I might observe--in a
        measured manner, of course.

        Bob... And of course you would like to have a hand in what in , shall we
        say, what is RIGHT and WRONG.

        This 'stuff' is all too Wonderful and the space to think and observe and
        care--here on this planet is all to Rare, for us to ARGUE. I prefer to
        exchange
        ideas/ideals instead.

        Bob... You are trying to express the very way in which Ideas are expressed.
        Because you have some cultural view on what is the right way to talk about
        such things. What arrogance.

        Sincerely,
        Frank
        ps: btw...there is a lot of conversation about certain
        "ReligiousExistentialists".

        pps: In my modest understanding Religion is about: bending to the spirit
        and teachings of a higher power--outside the Individual. This notion seems
        antithetical to Existentialism in my modest Opinion. IT All Begins and
        Ends
        with the Individual--and GodISMs are not in the least bit involved in
        ExistentialPhilosophy. ((with all this stilted *palaver...still i remain,
        ever
        'Open-minded'...)) /:-)

        Yahoo! Groups Links