Tom Vs Brooke

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 3:27 PM
      In this ,the battle mimics the warriors. Brooke is well educated,
      Tom is well partyed. Brooke speaks from a scientific perspective
      while Tom speaks from a science fiction guru. We see a similar
      stand off in this forum with the faith based lashing out at the
      line existentialists from perspectives that violate reason and
      possibility. I now see it as an ego fight with one side, like Tom,
      refusing to admit a secondary status because he says so. Tom
      defined Psychiatry in the weird terms of scientology and then
      proclaims himself an authority over the medical speciality because
      of his mastery of the mumbo/jumbo teachings. Tom is a
      stupid ,spoiled brat who affronts things he does not understand with
      the fury of confusion.
      Brooke on the contrary is a well thought out person in the throes
      of a difficult situation. I am sure she is also pampered but her
      fine education and desperate situation have elevated her to a fine
      preformer on the stage of reality. She openly admits she nearly
      killed herself and her baby when she ceased taking her medication.
      She has felt the hormonal tidal wave of post partum syndrome and
      admits that medical science offered a temporary refuge. Now she is
      alive and much improved and Tom is buffeted by a different set of
      hormones and demons. Ego is a lying master. There is so much to know
      and therefore even more to misunderstand. Those who have given
      themselves over to a system of life are on a collision course with
      that stark fact. If Tom is looking for the war of the worlds he has
      found it from the wrong side. Bill
    • Mary Jo Malo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 4:00 PM
        I agree. It's idealism and absolutism that fails us when we need to
        make important decisions. Also, it doesn't hurt to remember that
        Tom's religion-philosophy's founder wrote science fiction first.
        Looks like he's taken a page from Mel Gibson. Mary