Re: Impact teaches

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
      Aija, I don't find implicit in his message the assumption you
      attribute to Bill. To return to Mary's language about maturity, I
      think it is to take a thoughtful and mature view, simply to
      acknowledge that group awareness - tribal [Greek term, ethnic],
      national, regional, etc. - is a factor in human affairs, quite as
      significant as individual variation, especially if we venture into
      political discussions. Some Arabs are sympathetic to the terrorists
      who strive to wreak political change, just as some Irishmen are
      tolerant of paramilitaries in their communities, and implacably
      hostile to the paramilitaries of the other tribe (a very specific
      ethnic/national/religious mix, in that instance). We need to reason
      accurately for its own sake, but also in order to undermine the
      credibility of those who say no genuine change can occur through
      peaceful means. Louise

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Aija Veldre Beldavs