RE: [existlist] Re: hi bob

  • Bob Keyes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2005
      I have read some of Dennetts stuff. Hoftstader has some of his essays in his
      books. I will have to look into this book you reference.
      I could read all day, very little time, 5 Kids and other distractions.
      I appreciate all the references to good books. My last 2 were
      Hofstader(Great Essays from Many), Dawkins (Great Understanding of Nature)
      and Kaufman(wild speculation as to self organization- even he admits he cant
      prove any of it- its at the hypothesis stage)...As far as Math, I have Read
      some Bertrand Russell (his thoughts are good on lots of things) and Godel...
      Read some good stuff from Marvin Minsky (AI Pioneer at MIT), He has in my
      opinion some of the best thinking simply because he has tried to create
      human thinking (in theory)...
      Bob....

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2005
        I think we can work this out in Minsky with a little twist of
        Dennett.Somewhat in this case the same subject matter or at least a
        common intellectual era between the two, though I am going into a
        different area from their jumping off point. I think I can make this
        familiar territory for you. Give me some time to adjust terminology
        and I will open a discussion with you.No need for immediate replys,
        just an ongoing development of thought.I think you're up for it.