Security

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2005
      It is octogenarian time here. I am planning to take them to future
      land. A new Marriot by a lake with a multiplex and good restaurants.
      They like riding in the Hummer, I`ll try to make them wear the hats.
      I think they will like it especially the connecting flight and big
      basket of fruit. I have a fine protocol assistant who is sweating BB`s
      with the wife wired up to wring necks. It should be noxious especially
      the mineature houses by the lake. I better warn them so they don`t
      get freeked out on the way to the sports bar. I plan to hide in the
      rot , enough is enough. Bill
    • William
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 2011
        The person that fired on the White House is in custody. Some facts about the incident are coming out. That was a long shot. I have been on that street and wondered what the distance to the White House might be. One report says 600 yards. The accused used a rifle and hit a window at that distance. Thats pretty good shooting so this fellow must have had some training. I know the SS will find out.
        It may be time to move the security screen back. A hard republican friend today said he hoped nothing happens to the president, it would be chaos. If there are shooters out there that can shoot 600 yds . Just watch some of the shooting shows and see what a 600yd shot involves. I amagine we have trained or caused to be trained thousands of marksmen from the middle east. The only answer seems to move back the perimeter and counter snipe the crazies. I hate to see DC look like Beirute. Im watching crude prices and Iran/Iraque counter stories have begun. The financial pages are full of 200$ oil. If that happens I`ll meet you in Malabo and we can go to the protests.
        It seems our security is holding but some steep climbs seem immenent. Good luck modernists, I think we might need it. Bill