Modern models

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      I have been speaking with a designer of medievil festivals. I
      asked if he followed the cows and built the roads to conform to
      that ancient standard. He said no, now americans demand the Disney
      land model with main street and castle.He is happy to provide since
      people tend to get lost in the animal track model.
      In our real city planning we are in flight from our own genius as
      our suburbs end in cul de sacs worthy of dying livestock. What is
      actually dying is the greater city itself. We are actually trying
      to emulate LA and its grand , gridlocked freeways.The freeways are
      obsolite before they are planned as the vehicles that will use them
      are a throwback to the dying age of petroleum.
      The people of europe are in rebellion against the elitists of their
      ancient governmental systems. They refuse to join in further union
      but are unwilling to revert to confused tribal roots. No one in
      the americas or europe wants to fight, it is just not worth that
      much. So it appears we will wander like lost hunters building
      alliances of convenience with other lost pilgrims. When in the grid
      we will follow it of necessity and when in the animal path system
      we will wander at little risk since all understand it makes little
      difference. It is all ruled from cyberspace and acessable to 911 or
      Onstar. This non human system of generally accepted faith in the
      anysphere may just work. As long as one can keep his plastic
      credits straight why do we need any further intreference or deeper
      reflection ? Why should we have those mornings in which we awake to
      vague feelings of dysease and actually act upon them. We demand
      the right to wander as cattle or as humans, the model is of our
      choice. Bill