RE: [existlist] 'Mary', In my Humble Opinion...

  • Bob Keyes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      Some Crazy thoughts since I was knocked off the board for a week. Just
      thought nobody was writing.
      1. Defining existentialism is to general to define ones thinking. Whoever
      defines it, that is his thinking. Now I am not talking in general here, I am
      talking subtleties. That is why I don't try to find a thinking process that
      Matches "somebodies defined term". That would be impossible, because I am
      sure nobody thinks like me. What I like to know is what you think and why,
      and is there proof, What you call it is arbitrary and leads to errors. Now
      you could say language itself has this problem, however, why make it worse
      with abstract terms that nobody would define the same way ,if asked to write
      independently their thoughts and then compared them, they would not match I
      would assure you. (Beyond quoting the Dictionary Definition for the
      Layman.)
      2. But other than that I cant disagree with a think you said, Good Post.
      Bob..