brief life

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 9:30 AM
      Bill, Your post, its implications, its questions, would seem to
      summarise my existlist intentions for the coming year. I pant. The
      demanding experience of getting myself up to speed with US and now far-
      Eastern modes of breathing intelligible speech left me much of the
      time dangling by fingertips from virtual clifftops. I still haven't
      hauled myself to the plateau, but have grown some impressive boots,
      found better crevices, and caught the crampons thrown to me by unknown
      beneficence. The sheer self-parodic awfulness of these metaphors
      reflects my sense of what Jerry once remarked of himself - "I am
      always behind". Where are you, my dear, anyway, canadian friend? You
      did nothing wrong, only outmanoeuvred me in idiom, do you still read
      us? Jerry tried to explain to me the difference between codes of
      chivalry in the Land of the Maple Leaf as compared with those in Uncle
      Sam 's fiefdom. Since I tend to assume everyone is different by being
      the same, he didn't make much headway, except in providing further
      occasion for panic. This was more than offset by his kindness and
      good humour. Well, you will be hearing more from me of those
      Classical gods, that's for sure. Louise