when Your words get stuck in My head

  • Mary Jo Malo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2005
      Louise,

      Here are a couple of things I thought you might enjoy. Is Norman
      Mailer a Nooist?

      <http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20050606&s=mailer>

      I watched "I Heart Huckabees" and laughed. Some of the acting was
      pretty lame (who am I to criticize?) but it surprisingly had a grasp
      of the absurd and existentialism. My favorite character was Tommy
      played by Mark Wahlberg. I checked, it's available in the UK.

      And, finally, a little poem I wrote one day when there wasn't anybody
      in the park except me. This weekend however, there were folks around
      to enjoy the performance, indeed were part of it. Lots of fishing
      poles, even some little remote controlled speed boats competing for
      the same space. Parks are a great place to reenergize and shed the
      taint of philosophy, but not poetry.

      performance in the park

      near springs well rehearsed
      a bright yellow flag appears