Bouncing Back

  • nolanhatley
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2005
      To all existentially concerned:

      After an array of bouncing emails I have just discovered an
      important link in the differentiation between "Christianity"
      and "Existentialism."

      I have book reference from those seeing an "avant-garde" aspect
      of "orthodoxy," especially for those who think they have
      Christianity so figured out in their phenomenological perceptions.

      Subversive Orthodoxy: Outlaws, Revoltuionaries, and Other Christians
      In Disguise written by Richard Ichnausti who teaches at Cal-Poly.

      This book covers 20 people's lives who have been avant-garde, and
      subverise to the powers that be in their Christian faith. It
      includes such "existential" thinkers such as SK himself,
      Doestoevsky, but moves beyond that with this list of
      individuals......

      "Souls Under Siege":William Blake, Johnann Goethe, SK, G.K.
      Chesterton, Nikolai Berdyaev

      Countermythological Novelists: Doestoevsky, Pasternak, Solzhenitsyn.
      Kerouac, and Walker Percy

      Antipolitiical Poltics: Dorothy Day, Thomas Merton, Martin Luther
      King Jr., E.F. Schumacher, and Wendell Berry

      Macrohistorical Crtics: Marshall McLuhan, Northrop Frye, Ivan
      Illich, Rene Girard, and one other name I forgot

      Two thumbs up.

      Grace and Peace,

      Nolan
    • Exist List Moderator