Uh, Ohhhhh... [:-}

  • NEFILIM001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2005
      How dare you two...
      ..Sounds like you are sitting on a 'curved-couch', and talking
      UnderYourBreaths...
      Why you are not 'fighting'--you are, rather {*_fill-in-the-word(s)_};
      and I declare, I-Am-quite-as-Jealous as all get-out! :::smiling::: \;-)

      [Louise]
      Modern science is a specific methodology, which in its application
      has diverse results, some of them disastrous.

      [Bob]
      What does whether they are disastrous have anything to do with
      anything. I am talking of a way to analyze the world.

      Louise
      Cue Humanity: collective gasp.
      Behold, the man who forgot he was a man. The man who thinks he is a
      God, high above the apes comprising the rest of the hominid populace.

      [Louise]
      The economic system is directly antagonistic to the artist, and
      becomes torturingly so once the individual with something new to say
      is perceived as enemy and harassed as such. This can take many
      forms. The inventive entrepreneur, or the self-employed more
      generally can be driven into bankruptcy or exile by the tyrannies of
      bureaucracy, a systemic misfortune which is positively disastrous
      for a conformist nation like Great Britain.

      [Bob] OK, you are into Politics now... No comment at this moment

      Louise
      You were into politics when you expressed the opinion that the
      Nuclear Bomb was good for the species.

      [Louise]
      Yes, we are individualists, but the mass of the people believe in
      obeying the law, especially the social laws of their community.

      [Bob]
      Monkeys know when they are getting screwed. The Concept is
      deep in us. Read Evolutionary Psychology.

      Louise
      I don't need to. I came by this knowledge the intuitive route. Am
      a poet.

      [Louise]
      The phenomenon of the petty tyrant immortalised as, for instance,
      Air-Raid Warden (what was his name? Hodges, I think), in 'Dad's
      Army', comedy programme about WW2 home resistance, is with us in the
      councils, the school committees, national and European government.
      Then there is the sustained targeting of the vulnerable eccentric,
      as happened to the poet Nicholas Moore, as he struggled on living in
      a wheelchair in a house he could not keep clean and ordered. These
      things make me sick.

      [Bob]
      Why would you let them make you sick. You have no control over
      them.

      Louise
      I'm an existentialist, not a Stoic.

      [Bob]
      And Politics will evolve as Humans Evolve. I feel I am watching a
      slice of time, and I don't think there is anything I can do to stop
      the trajectory, of course if I had the genetics to save whales I
      might be out in a boat. I am not sure what my point was. Just some
      bad humor there.

      Louise
      Honest, but not very consoling.

      [Louise]
      I believe we can do better. Aleister Crowley

      [Bob]
      So Do I, So what.... what a meaningless statement.

      Louise
      Not at all meaningless ... to an existentialist. Hello, wakey,
      wakey, this is existlist. You could read Nietzsche one of these
      days, Kierkegaard, any of a number of suggested philosophers at the
      tameri site.

      [Louise]
      taught me about courage in various forms. He wrote about yoga from
      a very Western point of view, with which I connected readily, and
      with joy.

      [Bob]
      And why was this, the connection that is. I say genetic disposition.

      Louise
      True enough, from a clinical point of view, not something I'm
      looking for, personally. For abundant alternative answers, see the
      archives, for example, say, March to May 2004.

      [Louise]
      He lived with courage, and he made his will his own. I'm
      not interested in the dressing-up aspect, the summoning of spirits,
      and so on. Each to his own. So all I do is resist the tendency of
      scientific methodology to function as though it were a god demanding
      worship, or at least unconditional respect.

      [Bob]
      It Deserves Respect. Tell me another Methodology of thinking
      other than the Scientific Method that you think is good.

      Louise
      Aristotelian categorization and analysis. Kierkegaardian
      pseudonymous aesthetic irony. Nietzschean Dionysiac stream of
      consciousness, kept under will.

      [Louise]
      I have plenty of reasons not to respect the results of such
      methodology within the current political climate.

      [Bob]
      Don't Like Science and Politics Please. Lets Narrow the
      Subject to Science, that is hard enough to Prove. ( a little joke
      there)

      Louise
      I'm an existentialist. Have no intention to confining myself to
      your preferences.

      [Louise]
      Human beings are easily duped.

      [Bob]
      True, but who cares what the average Human thinks about
      anything anyway.

      Louise
      Anyone who combines compassion with insight.

      [Louise]
      Perhaps it is technology that does the active duping, more than the
      scientific theorems behind it. Technology can kill us, drown us
      with wealth and waste.

      [Bob]
      No Way... We will adapt.

      Louise
      Depends on whom you define as 'us'. I care about individuals, of
      which the species is made up. Millions have already been drowned.
      This is a metaphor, though climate change renders it more than a
      metaphor.

      [Louise]
      So I'm in favour of questioning and learning.

      [Bob]
      Really ?

      Louise
      Of course. Have never done anything but, in my time at existlist.
      Well, maybe that's an exaggeration. Plenty fun to be had, yet
      learning is fun, or should be. Is fun always learning?

      [Louise]
      Magick is not incompatible with that.

      [Bob]
      Why, cause you say so. By what Reasoning.

      Louise
      The archives are full of my reasons. The proof of the pudding is in
      the eating. I survived.

      [Louise}
      It's a survival stratagem, or a form of art. It is not needful to
      existential thinking. Its requirement in my own life arose directly
      from the exercise of political control over me, in however indirect
      a form.

      [Bob]
      I am amazed at how you can analyze yourself

      Louise
      The beauty of schizophrenia.

      [Louise]
      I believe in solidarity, and think I am far from alone in being
      subject to inauthentic political control.

      [Bob]
      Was your Daddy a Politician and did he Spank you.

      Louise
      In my experience, in England, 'Daddy' is either an upper-class sort
      of appellation, or a term of endearment used only by little tots.
      My own father was [is] the gentlest of men. Your impertinent
      question raises the further question of whether you should play
      daddy to yourself, and monitor your internet surfing more carefully.

      [Bob]
      Comments... ( Some Humor)

      Louise
      humor, humoris, [Latin] masc. noun
      liquid, fluid, moisture
      [differently qualified]- rain, the ocean, milk, wine, saliva, urine

      humorosus, adj.
      moist, wet [=humidus]

    • Bob Keyes
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2005
        This is the Funniest thing ( TO ME) that has ever been Posted.
        I love Louise, just for the Record.
        Bob...

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2005
          > This is the Funniest thing ( TO ME) that has ever been Posted.
          > I love Louise, just for the Record.
          > Bob...

          How dare you two...
          ...Sounds like you are sitting on a 'curved-couch', and talking
          UnderYourBreaths...
          Why you are not 'fighting'--you are, rather
          {*_fill-in-the-word(s)_};
          and I declare, I-Am-quite-as-Jealous as all get-out!
          :::smiling:::> \;-)

          Bob, you must like some stuff I've written. Love is a dangerous
          commodity. On your head be it. You realise I have one personality
          in two persons, and that i claim to be the Messiah?? You have been
          warned. With me you get exactly whats written on the bottle.

          Archaeology freak, I like your picturesque theory-posting, and
          whatever comes through of your personality.

          I never fight, nor sit on any type of couch. Jealousy no problem,
          if you listen hard to the right kind of therapist. Could be
          yourself, girlfriend, mother, pet budgie ...

          anyways, you're both men, males, that is. dont trust you too far.
          lets get to philosophy, literature [one person speaks to the
          other]. only way i can survive you science-nazis and coldbloods.

          JC [read SK]