Re: Scared, Happy,vengeful, ect.

  • Trinidad Cruz
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2005
      Bill

      For me in a sense Dali made the contrivance art, and then attempted to
      use his art to make his life into a contrivance that then became
      art.In some ways he was sucessful, in others a failure.In our
      introspection it is the discernment of self-contrivance that leads to
      clarity,and while outward contrivance is for the most part of little
      effect, one must be careful of what one spills on one's "clothes of
      being" during the act. Tattoos are painful to remove. Many artists I
      view for the simple experience of their work, but others, Frieda and
      Diego, Dali and Gala, I view for the "Leda atomica" the absolute
      grasp, what one cannot express alone.Still I never step too far
      outside DeKooning's cautionary assessment: "The attitude that nature
      is chaotic, and that the artist puts order into it, is a very absurd
      point of view. All we can hope to do is put some order into
      ourselves." Art is like all things contemplative - about the
      grasp.Yours is astute.

      Trinidad