The NOLS(ter) & The CRUZ(er)... . /:-)

  • NEFILIM001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
      "...Siobhan,

      This confirms the odour that I was smelling in the first post. How
      arrogant to really believe you are more highly evolved than another
      human being!! This is why evolution is fact is bullshite. It DOES
      have VALUE JUDGEMENTS.............. ."

      - - - - - - - - Con't)... ^|<

      > "...Trinidad,
      >
      > Thank you always for your efforts to move existentialism forward
      and
      > into a deeper appreciation for the genius of Sartre. As I said
      before,
      > with little or no traditional science, he managed to grasp a
      scientific
      > fact. We exist, we are; but within us and our cosmos is non-
      existence............ ."

      Like, What's Wit' This...anyhow?!

    • Trinidad Cruz
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
        Frank,

        You have excised the point. There is a phenomena among amputees
        commonly referred to as "the ghost limb syndrome". The human reaction
        to the postulation that existence is finite or ending often exhibits
        characteristics like this syndrome, and is essentially the same kind
        of fundamental denial at the root of belief-systems.Consider that
        existence is never time framed as "present" for whatever or whoever is
        aware. There is a distance between the encountering of existence and
        the actual awareness or recollection of it. One can only be aware of
        existence in the past.That distance can only be something that is so
        dissimilar to existence as to contain nothing of existence (within the
        boundaries of human empirical capacity) otherwise it would be no
        barrier to direct assimilation into what exists. If we are aware as a
        species, existence has produced its end within the boundaries of the
        empirical capacity of our species.This distance is intrinsicly
        enfolded or somehow intruded as a barrier within whatever or whoever
        is aware of existence or they could not be aware of existence.

        As existentialists we may at this point even propose a deterministic
        factor. If existence has ended within the paradigm of human empirical
        capacity (which it has or we could not have empirical capacities aware
        of existence)then the determinist principle of existence is the random
        but inevitable exhaustion of possiblities with specific cosmological
        paradigms of awareness.

        Philosophical humans effected by a kind of ghost existence syndrome
        tend to forget the probable vastness of the cosmos and probable
        ocurrences of unique paradigms of empirical capacities.Human empirical
        capacity is arguably largely terrestial still we have yet to
        substantially test the validity of those limitations in other cosmic
        situations. The thing to remember is our particular experience with
        existence and the end of existence occurs within the paradigm of our
        species-wide norm of empirical capacity. Who's to say the species will
        not develop new empirical capacities once these are exhausted of
        possibility? Who's to say it is not happening now?

        My view as an existentialist: invest in scientific endeavor aimed at
        eliminating all sexually transmitted diseases, and invest in a serious
        substantial and permanent space program. We are anchoring and killing
        off our species out of embarassment and fear.

        Finally, I do not think that religious thought is natural to the
        species and our empirical paradigm. People get lost in the crap
        because it is pervasive (although I suspect a more correct word would
        be invasive). I think it is an introduced error in thinking.I cannot
        say what or who introduced it, other than to say, whatever it was, it
        was not in possession of the same empirical capacity as our species.

        Trinidad

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, NEFILIM001@a... wrote:
        > "...Siobhan,
        >
        > This confirms the odour that I was smelling in the first post. How
        > arrogant to really believe you are more highly evolved than another
        > human being!! This is why evolution is fact is bullshite. It DOES
        > have VALUE JUDGEMENTS.............. ."
        >
        > - - - - - - - - Con't)... ^|<
        >
        > > "...Trinidad,
        > >
        > > Thank you always for your efforts to move existentialism forward
        > and
        > > into a deeper appreciation for the genius of Sartre. As I said
        > before,
        > > with little or no traditional science, he managed to grasp a
        > scientific
        > > fact. We exist, we are; but within us and our cosmos is non-
        > existence............ ."
        >
        > Like, What's Wit' This...anyhow?!

      • Bob Keyes
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
          Couple Brief Comments....

[...]

          [Bob Keyes] It probably is Happening Now, I think we will find artificial
          means (Human Brains Interfaced with a computer say which would expand our
          Memory Capabilities) may come way sooner than Natural Change and be another
          Huge Leap for Humans bring New Cognative Tools to analyze with....

          My view as an existentialist: invest in scientific endeavor aimed at
          eliminating all sexually transmitted diseases, and invest in a serious
          substantial and permanent space program. We are anchoring and killing
          off our species out of embarassment and fear.

          Finally, I do not think that religious thought is natural to the
          species and our empirical paradigm. People get lost in the crap
          because it is pervasive (although I suspect a more correct word would
          be invasive).

          [Bob Keyes] I don't think that Religious thought is Natural Either,
          However what about Non-Logical Thinking Producing
          say a Positive Feeling of Truth in ones brain. I think this exists and
          can be explained. Take Human History in its context say going back 3 million
          Years, Would the trait of Accepting Non-logic be advantageous.(By Accepting
          I do not mean it is a choice, a switch in your brain says true or False,
          example- in my brain if I recognize a logical problem, the though gets
          disregarded whether I want it to or not) I can think of many cases where it
          could be.
          The bottom line is this, Humans had to have a way to make decisions with
          incomplete information on any given problem. Rather than languish in
          indecisiveness the species has a short circuit to think virtually anything
          it wants.
          (God will Save me if I run up the hill and kill the tribe over there-
          humans with this brain type would be highly regarded back then)
          I think this is an evolved brain characteristic. (And most humans have it
          to varying degrees).
          Non- Logical Human do exist (and it is I think a Hardware issue)...just as
          Logical Humans do exist ( and it is a hardware issue)
          From these Brain Types all kinds of thinking can be explained, But Each
          only Makes sense in its own Brain !

          I think it is an introduced error in thinking.

          [Bob Keyes] I think without Question it adds Error, After all without
          Evidence it is a Guess. Who is good at guessing.

          I cannot
          say what or who introduced it, other than to say, whatever it was, it
          was not in possession of the same empirical capacity as our species.

          Trinidad

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, NEFILIM001@a... wrote:
          > "...Siobhan,
          >
          > This confirms the odour that I was smelling in the first post. How
          > arrogant to really believe you are more highly evolved than another
          > human being!! This is why evolution is fact is bullshite. It DOES
          > have VALUE JUDGEMENTS.............. ."
          >
          > - - - - - - - - Con't)... ^|<
          >
          > > "...Trinidad,
          > >
          > > Thank you always for your efforts to move existentialism forward
          > and
          > > into a deeper appreciation for the genius of Sartre. As I said
          > before,
          > > with little or no traditional science, he managed to grasp a
          > scientific
          > > fact. We exist, we are; but within us and our cosmos is non-
          > existence............ ."
          >
          > Like, What's Wit' This...anyhow?!

        • Trinidad Cruz
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Keyes" <rlk@w...> wrote:

            "[Bob Keyes] It probably is Happening Now, I think we will find
            artificial means (Human Brains Interfaced with a computer say which
            would expand our Memory Capabilities) may come way sooner than Natural
            Change and be another Huge Leap for Humans bring New Cognative Tools
            to analyze with...."

            Perhaps. I am familiar with the transhumanist view and arguably more
            memory would be advantageous, but then I am forced to wonder why we
            already devote so little of our brain to memory. I suggest that
            increasing the memory capacity of a specific machine without
            increasing the fundamental processor speed, or altering the operative
            paradigm of the system would only slow the system down. I think the
            issue may be deeper than speed or capacity. We do not use what we
            have, and seem to be predisposed to that condition. It smacks of a
            system paradigm or relative problem, which points directly then at
            genetic issues. Perhaps, and this is just speculation, the genetic
            issue is one that is simply not discoverable by human empirical
            capacity. In other words introduced into the species by another
            species with different empirical capacities, and until our species
            produces an actual hy-brid, so to speak, no one can be aware of the
            additional genetic information because it cannot be detected by normal
            human empirical capacities.Something at a systemic or system-wide
            pathological level causes us to lose access to our brains full
            capacity.This is an issue we need to address as a thinking species.

            tc
          • Bob Keyes
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
              "[Bob Keyes] It probably is Happening Now, I think we will find
              artificial means (Human Brains Interfaced with a computer say which
              would expand our Memory Capabilities) may come way sooner than Natural
              Change and be another Huge Leap for Humans bring New Cognative Tools
              to analyze with...."

              Perhaps. I am familiar with the transhumanist view and arguably more
              memory would be advantageous, but then I am forced to wonder why we
              already devote so little of our brain to memory.

              [Bob Keyes] What we are lacking is Registers for short term memory and
              Registers (so to speak).
              We can only remember about 7-9 things at a time due to this limitation.
              (Try to remember a serious of Digits
              without grouping tricks to get around this limitation.) Long Term memory
              is an issue as well since the more
              you try to Learn the More you in have to forget to make room (so it
              seems)...

              I suggest that
              increasing the memory capacity of a specific machine without
              increasing the fundamental processor speed, or altering the operative
              paradigm of the system would only slow the system down. I think the
              issue may be deeper than speed or capacity.

              [Bob Keyes] I am certain that it is deeper also.....

              We do not use what we
              have, and seem to be predisposed to that condition. It smacks of a
              system paradigm or relative problem, which points directly then at
              genetic issues. Perhaps, and this is just speculation, the genetic
              issue is one that is simply not discoverable by human empirical
              capacity. In other words introduced into the species by another
              species with different empirical capacities, and until our species
              produces an actual hy-brid, so to speak, no one can be aware of the
              additional genetic information because it cannot be detected by normal
              human empirical capacities.Something at a systemic or system-wide
              pathological level causes us to lose access to our brains full
              capacity.This is an issue we need to address as a thinking species.

              tc

            • Siobhan
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
                I can't think of anything more ludicrous for a philosophical thinker
                than to deny that s(he) has emperical capacity. The only thing
                possibly more ridiculous would be to credit this capacity to
                something or someone non-human. And the only thing even more
                incredible would be if it were true, because there is no predicting
                how emperical capacity will evolve. The human individual who doesn't
                respect such capacity is vulnerable to annihilation, as is the
                species. Emperical capacity and free will are useful tools. They've
                taken a very very long time to appear, and who knows what lies ahead?
                I only know that not using what we now have to optimize our existence
                is foolish.

                Siobhan

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
                  I agree with this 100 percent..
                  Bob.. (just feel like giving my opinion on peoples statements tonight since
                  I am to lazy to write one of my own) .

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 1, 2005
                    > I can't think of anything more ludicrous for a philosophical thinker
                    > than to deny that s(he) has emperical capacity.

                    Claiming something is ludicrous is not proof.

                    Findyour Gunzmann