Re: the stakes

  • nolanhatley
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2005
      Trinidad,

      Your exactly right. This means we wait. That's the thrust of faith
      anyway....putting everything you are on the line and waiting for
      things promised. As far as a geography of existence I'm sure it is
      beyond the computation of our cognitions. Non-existence doesn't exist
      Trinidad. It's an aberreation of the post-modern imagination. It's
      certainly not factual, because as our Western society has come to
      define fact, it's not a precise computation nor tangible. You can't
      prove non-existence. There's just nothing there. It does exist as a
      concept within our brains becuase of our use of negation in the
      logical process. I will admit this leads me to question ex nihilo, or
      God creating out of nothing. I looked back in the creation account
      this morning and actually and doesn't neccasaily say he did. However,
      my faith doesn't rest on a dogma, or a defintive theology. Faith and
      dogma seem to be on opposite sides of a fence.

      Grace and Peace,

      Nolan
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Trinidad Cruz" <cruzprdb@w...>