traffic & talking heads

  • Siobhan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
      Bill,

      Didn't have that one, but I sold a copy of "Welcome to the Canteen",
      one of the dumber things I've done. A large part of existential
      evaluation is hindsight, maybe even Trini's "recollections". It takes a
      very rigorous intellect to overcome Pavlovian brain circuitry which
      seems to give rise to emotional obstacles when struggling to survive.
      I've not always enjoyed the exercise. At my great age I'm still able to
      learn new things and view my trek towards death with some sense of
      adventure. Death, the only thing we don't or can't recollect, waits at
      the end of the road. I prefer aspirin to coumadin as well. It makes
      your hair fall out and sing "I'm just a poor wayfarin' stranger,
      traveling through this world of woe . . ."

      "Take your clips off your boots and dress dark, you might slide through
      without a spark." Bill

      L(a)unching posts into cyberspace can definitely be an existential
      experience, an occasion for humility. I'd like to re-read a few myself.

      and she was, sometimes a talking head,
      Siobhan