The low spark of high heeled boys

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2005
      Got on my snake skin boots and leather jeans, buffalo shirt and
      pirate eight. Got a new blade, "Benchmade", Ambusche. I read ya`lls
      fantastic posts and was very edified to be a part of such a
      skilled group of thinkers. I wrote three posts over the weekend but
      my laptop regulary pitches them into cyber void. I have gotten used
      to having something I worked on , just obliterated. So Bookdoc I
      follow your expected thread in title but accept your dark nihilism
      in felt pain and loss. Things you thought, turned out to be vapors,
      stank smells that will never be read and if received of no note.
      Feels bad but you can get to accept and even get off on it.
      The doc told me I will probably live but have a significant chance
      of a stroke. So I ain`t gonna take no more rat poison, It`s
      acetylsalicylic acid for me. I told Tommy I did not relish the idea
      of exsanuinating on some deserted bike path. He was more concerned
      of a head bleed subsequent to trauma. MD`s are a wonderful gift we
      have given ourselves. I know it is unfashonable to praise docs ,but
      those people speak with great precision of things that are of terror
      to the rest of us.
      So it is back to the rowdy road, the bike , the kayak, the crossed
      country skis and next year the Dynastars. Priscilla is taken away
      with the high chaparelle. Up near angel fire where only the Taos can
      really call it home are places that again wisper to me. That
      possibility gives antisipation back to one long lost for meaning.
      The dream is elitetist and primative with risk and excitement
      constant possibilitys. Back to St.martin and swimming in deep ocean
      and good wine. Back to endless days of walking nude on the beach and
      being put off by the usage of clothes. You know you can ignore
      others genitalia but you still react to your own. The French live
      so gracefully on tropical beaches that you surmise that some people
      have figured out a good part of how to exist here.
      Doc was interested as to the higher money earned by dentists, I
      told him it was related to our greater attendance to business
      matters. We cannot hope to have the same number of contact hours if
      we wish to live through the stress so we must take time to do some
      business. It`s equilibration is revolting in most situations but
      like the pain Trini speaks of you can learn to live on in its
      presence.
      I really enjoyed the comments on post modernism. I know George
      understands it well. I find it harder to read than poetry with no
      guarantee of any substance being gleened from the exercise. Unless
      someone kicks some life into that viewpoint it will soon become a
      footnote of curiosoity.
      So I set here ,dressed most strangly for death moan ,while
      unpacking my Kaleshnikov. Just can`t stand to be under gunned out on
      the real highway. Heard Arlo Guthrie on the way home, his daddy knew
      my grand daddy. They knew Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. You
      should not be called overblown when carrying a weapon on the
      highway, not around here. With the crankers and people of shattered
      lives and no caring, there is little conversation. Take your clips
      off your boots and dress dark, you might slide through without a
      spark. Bill
    • Siobhan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
        Bill,

        Didn't have that one, but I sold a copy of "Welcome to the Canteen",
        one of the dumber things I've done. A large part of existential
        evaluation is hindsight, maybe even Trini's "recollections". It takes a
        very rigorous intellect to overcome Pavlovian brain circuitry which
        seems to give rise to emotional obstacles when struggling to survive.
        I've not always enjoyed the exercise. At my great age I'm still able to
        learn new things and view my trek towards death with some sense of
        adventure. Death, the only thing we don't or can't recollect, waits at
        the end of the road. I prefer aspirin to coumadin as well. It makes
        your hair fall out and sing "I'm just a poor wayfarin' stranger,
        traveling through this world of woe . . ."

        "Take your clips off your boots and dress dark, you might slide through
        without a spark." Bill

        L(a)unching posts into cyberspace can definitely be an existential
        experience, an occasion for humility. I'd like to re-read a few myself.

        and she was, sometimes a talking head,
        Siobhan