RE: [existlist] Re: leaning on a.n.other, far far from home

  • Bob Keyes
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
      Great Post Siobhan !! Comments Below...
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Siobhan [mailto:bravegnoobee@...]
      Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:11 PM
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [existlist] Re: leaning on a.n.other, far far from home

      Louise,

      You betray your affection for gamesmanship. Only someone with a more
      than rudimentary knowledge of Dylan would even be able to understand
      Bill's post about Dylan. What I do understand is your need to reach
      out and communicate with someone who accepts your individuality. Bill
      certainly fits the bill. Trinidad is obviously and religiously
      dedicated to destroying the religious impulse to categorize and
      control the human spirit/soul or whatever you choose to call it. I
      call it the body. You've chosen to speak for your corner of the
      aesthetic world in which some live, but are not qualified to speak
      for the other corners. It's all right. I like to act for what I need
      and want.

      [Bob Keyes] Great !

      I appreciate Dawkins take on Thing One and Thing Two (Dr.
      Suess' Cat and the Hat): Soul One and Soul Two. You said he doesn't
      have a clue as to what religion is all about. Did you happen to
      attend this event?

      [Bob Keyes] Few Issues here. I think Super Highly of Dawkins and have read
      a few of his books.
      But I don't think Dawkins can have a clue as to what religion is about,
      For the mere fact it is
      some Humans Fantasy . For Dawkins to understand them ,( other than in the
      same they are some brainwashed human -type of analysis) he must see some
      Point to their thinking, and that is impossible. Since his Rules of thinking
      will not allow it. I am in the Same Position as Dawkins, I cannot understand
      the Religious Mind anymore than I can
      understand why a person would Kill a 6 year old girl after raping her for
      3 days. It is impossible for me to visualize and say, I can see why me
      might think that way .

      Comments Bob.....

      <http://www.edge.org/documents/archive/edge53.html>

      Siobhan

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2005
        Siobhan,
        I haven't been to London since the mid 1980s. Whatever events I
        follow I do so remotely, in general - reading magazines, books,
        watching tv, surfing the net, listening to radio ... or wireless as
        my husband still likes to call it. Tell me who gamesmanship is and
        I might let you know if theres affection about.
        Louise

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Siobhan" <bravegnoobee@y...>