Re: leaning on a.n.other, far far from home

  • Siobhan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
      Louise,

      You betray your affection for gamesmanship. Only someone with a more
      than rudimentary knowledge of Dylan would even be able to understand
      Bill's post about Dylan. What I do understand is your need to reach
      out and communicate with someone who accepts your individuality. Bill
      certainly fits the bill. Trinidad is obviously and religiously
      dedicated to destroying the religious impulse to categorize and
      control the human spirit/soul or whatever you choose to call it. I
      call it the body. You've chosen to speak for your corner of the
      aesthetic world in which some live, but are not qualified to speak
      for the other corners. It's all right. I like to act for what I need
      and want. I appreciate Dawkins take on Thing One and Thing Two (Dr.
      Suess' Cat and the Hat): Soul One and Soul Two. You said he doesn't
      have a clue as to what religion is all about. Did you happen to
      attend this event?

      <http://www.edge.org/documents/archive/edge53.html>

      Siobhan

      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@m...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Louise, That is a most shocking comment. I had no idea that
      > anyone
      > > was completely untouched by Dylan. You present an unalterated
      > > strain of expermental animal. I mean we could innoculate you
      with
      > > single strains of Dylanesque mind mud and relate your behavours
      > > the rest of us. Thus we could evaluate the potency of the
      > particular
      > > strain of reverse Dylan think upon what is left of our acid
      > > punctured psyche. I mean its allright ma, I`m only bleeding.
      > > Dylan did drugs at a time when it was expected by the mystery
      > > trend. He turned on the beatles and sent them off to the Indian
      > > colonies to experience enlightenment. I mean he was in the
      > basement
      > > mixing up the medicine when I was on the pavement thinking bout
      > the
      > > government.
      > > And you were clean , the tamborean man had not sent your
      > bootheels
      > > wandering. Now I know why you are so unmoved by much of our
      > > prattle, you have no basic kit. How odd it must be to live
      > without
      > > holding the truism that when you aint got nothing you got nothing
      > > lose.
      > > How does it feel, to be on your own, with no direction home ,
      > like
      > > a complete unknown, like a rolling stone?Come in ! he said Ill
      > give
      > > you shelter from the storm. Theres so many times i`ve let you
      down
      > > so many times i`ve played around, I tell you now they don`t mean
      > > thing.
      > > The nihilism just blew by the straight folk but then you wern`t
      > > straight, you were the girl from the north country, fair, while
      > the
      > > stones left the rest of us shattered you had your own
      subterranian
      > > homesick blues. Right on, Lady of the island. Bill
    • Bob Keyes
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
        Great Post Siobhan !! Comments Below...
        You betray your affection for gamesmanship. Only someone with a more
        than rudimentary knowledge of Dylan would even be able to understand
        Bill's post about Dylan. What I do understand is your need to reach
        out and communicate with someone who accepts your individuality. Bill
        certainly fits the bill. Trinidad is obviously and religiously
        dedicated to destroying the religious impulse to categorize and
        control the human spirit/soul or whatever you choose to call it. I
        call it the body. You've chosen to speak for your corner of the
        aesthetic world in which some live, but are not qualified to speak
        for the other corners. It's all right. I like to act for what I need
        and want.

        [Bob Keyes] Great !

        I appreciate Dawkins take on Thing One and Thing Two (Dr.
        Suess' Cat and the Hat): Soul One and Soul Two. You said he doesn't
        have a clue as to what religion is all about. Did you happen to
        attend this event?

        [Bob Keyes] Few Issues here. I think Super Highly of Dawkins and have read
        a few of his books.
        But I don't think Dawkins can have a clue as to what religion is about,
        For the mere fact it is
        some Humans Fantasy . For Dawkins to understand them ,( other than in the
        same they are some brainwashed human -type of analysis) he must see some
        Point to their thinking, and that is impossible. Since his Rules of thinking
        will not allow it. I am in the Same Position as Dawkins, I cannot understand
        the Religious Mind anymore than I can
        understand why a person would Kill a 6 year old girl after raping her for
        3 days. It is impossible for me to visualize and say, I can see why me
        might think that way .

        Comments Bob.....

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3, 2005
          Siobhan,
          I haven't been to London since the mid 1980s. Whatever events I
          follow I do so remotely, in general - reading magazines, books,
          watching tv, surfing the net, listening to radio ... or wireless as
          my husband still likes to call it. Tell me who gamesmanship is and
          I might let you know if theres affection about.
          Louise

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Siobhan" <bravegnoobee@y...>