RE: [existlist] Power death

  • Bob Keyes
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
      My Last Comment on this Matter ( as if somebody reads anything I write, I
      dont like the emerical answer)
      I Breifly read this earlier and my Impression was that it was good. No to
      give some rediculous Comments...
      At this moment the best I can do is first Impressions, and I have been
      critized before for making them, but I
      consider them merely as seed thoughts, near random... Comments. Below
      (Unless I get bored and go play chess)
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Keyes" <rlk@w...> wrote:

        "I am convinced which camp you are in is imprinted in your genetics
        from Birth, and there is nothing you can do about it... (Some
        Speculation- but it seriously is my best explaination to date)"

        The real questions are: 1) Is a genetic predisposition to religion
        divided along racial lines? 2) How aware of this possibility is the US
        Government? 3) Is it included in Domestic policy at some level?

        Trinidad Cruz
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
          [Bob Keyes]
          > "I am convinced which camp you are in is imprinted in your genetics
          > from Birth, and there is nothing you can do about it... (Some
          > Speculation- but it seriously is my best explaination to date)"

          [Trinidad Cruz]
          > The real questions are: 1) Is a genetic predisposition to religion
          > divided along racial lines? 2) How aware of this possibility is
          the > US Government? 3) Is it included in Domestic policy at some
          level?

          Oh well, if we're into Speculating, why not?? I am convinced that
          religion is totally unconnected with genetics. All the DNA stuff
          makes no usable sense except in relation to environment. One's
          religion becomes noticeable in childhood, but only to the trained
          eye. Those with unhappy or traumatising or particularly dull
          childhoods may not want to recall that period of their lives,
          because the religious manifestations are unpleasing and in
          disguise. If the child hates easily, for instance, the form of
          religion that has the chance to develop subsequently for that
          individual will depend on the type of occasions for hate, whether
          personal, impersonal, planned, spontaneous, etc, and on the form
          which outbreaks take, verbal, physical, repressed, etc. A very
          rough sketch. Am in one of my protestant exasperation moods, seeing
          as I find Trini's characterisation of me as 'Iron Matron' so
          formlessly amusing. I need to know. Much remembering to reinstal
          and complete. More procrastination. Waiting now for the present to
          come into view. I guess schizophrenia is the most political social
          condition of all. It's my impression, anyway, that thought-crime
          evolves through many namings, and the namings will affect the
          individuals' chances of surviving the social persecutions or
          protections as prove destructive. Too much going on. Hoarse again,
          trying to communicate across an ocean. So I'd like to invite you
          all to the mythical island of our communal dreams. But then, that's
          me being religious. Looking back, I can see those tendencies
          emerging from the age of three years old, taking cognitive form by
          thirteen, and reaching out beyond my own cultural upbringing by age
          fifteen. In these solitary patterns we find our similarities. What
          is really humorous - not necessarily funny - is the way such as Bob
          and Trini suppose themselves to have no religion. I do learn,
          however, from both of you, though what exactly is difficult to
          convey, because difficult to integrate with what is already held, so
          intimately, it's not stored in language form.

          Louise
          ... focussed, if somewhat incoherent ...