wild west showdown (existential satire)

  • Siobhan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
      Lest anyone misunderstand, I don't really understand completely the
      motives or interests of all the parties involved in the Minuteman
      Project, and I haven't taken sides. As in many things of national
      importance, I find their zeal or reluctance to act intriguing: Our
      government's concern about national security and it's apparent lack of
      resources or dedication to secure borders; the illegals' hope for a
      better life even risking death; the border states and even remote
      states whose businesses and all the workers involved; ACLU?; Mexican
      government; fairness to legal immigrants; etc. The month-long project
      should be interesting to watch. Nations, nationals, nationalism,
      natives, and perhaps citizen naivete. I've long suspected there's a
      technology waiting in the wings to solve all these sticky problems.

      Siobhan
    • Trinidad Cruz
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2005
        I have my own group. We are in the process of locating all the
        "Dorothys" in this country for repatriation to Kansas where they can
        build a future raising little dogs. God did not make all men equal and
        neither did Mr.Colt. Men are not equal and there is no God. As far as
        these new "minutemen": most of them couldn't fight their way out of a
        mall, and their heroes have always been cowboys. Intellectual progress.

        Trinidad Cruz

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2005
          Men are equal, there is a God, and that is a dratted film you're
          referring to. When oh when can we start discussing existentialism
          again. Navel-gazing is always tedious for outsiders, but as such an
          ignorant Briton I haven't even seen the body.

          Irritated, waiting for Knott

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Trinidad Cruz" <cruzprdb@w...>
          wrote:

          > I have my own group. We are in the process of locating all the
          > "Dorothys" in this country for repatriation to Kansas where they can
          > build a future raising little dogs. God did not make all men equal
          and
          > neither did Mr.Colt. Men are not equal and there is no God. As far as
          > these new "minutemen": most of them couldn't fight their way out of a
          > mall, and their heroes have always been cowboys. Intellectual
          progress.

          > Trinidad Cruz
        • Trinidad Cruz
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2005

            "Men are equal, there is a God, and that is a dratted film you're
            referring to. When oh when can we start discussing existentialism
            again. Navel-gazing is always tedious for outsiders, but as such an
            ignorant Briton I haven't even seen the body."

            Ah my little Anglophile Iron Matron holds forth!

            A little Dylan will do, you people used to like him:

            "Equality!
            I spoke the word as if a wedding vow
            Ah but I was so much older then,
            I'm younger than that now."

            I wonder if the Queen thinks all men are equal?