Re: Power death

  • Siobhan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
      Definitely. EE (existential ethics, that oxymoron) ARE, in the words
      of the exist-founders, the individual and his working out of the
      authenticity-bad faith and freedom-responsibility conundrums in an
      everchanging environment of facts and feelings. Our very modern
      struggle is against those who wish to wrest from us that choice which
      is the "ethic" itself. So whether the religious or any type of
      government (any broken branch can pull down the individual tree), we
      still have to decide for ourselves. In our country we are endanger of
      all branches twisting into some sort of hellish nightmare that only
      the strong will survive...Siobhan

      > The schivo debacle was not an ethical argument nor a medical
      > argument. It was a struggle over power and jurisdiction. It was a
      > contest between the American jurisprudance system and cannon law
      of
      > the roman church. Side players bellied up for a chance at the
      scraps
      > but the main course was held and digested by the American judicary.
      > Rome is rebuffed, the protestant right is set into its place and as
      > the people of the world see the situation with greater calm they
      > will understand that the power to die is still personal.
      > As existentialists our endless battle against bullying
      collectives
      > is given a boost. Rome is a mad dictatorship who wishes to rule us
      > all. It is a bit better organised than the protestant right and as
      > we play them off against each other our advantage is gained by
      their
      > destruction. At the moment this is an idea contest between the
      > pragmatists and the mystacists. I think I see who has the
      > advantage here if we can keep it to words. Again in this light
      the
      > judicary has upheld its duty to uphold law and order. I am not bold
      > enough to suggest federal marshals should be sent to churches to
      > enforce common law. I think that result will be slowly undertaken
      by
      > public opinion and legislative caveat.
      > Then again the mass of christanity finds itself facing the loss
      of
      > two arch conservative magnates. Falwell and the pope are on the
      > ropes and even though the organisations will garnish attention at
      > their passing chances are younger and less rigid sorts may come
      > the fore. Eithr way we will be waiting, ready to defend our
      personal
      > liberties and ideas against the power blocks that will reform .It
      is
      > what we do while we wait to die. Bill
    • Bob Keyes
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
        My Last Comment on this Matter ( as if somebody reads anything I write, I
        dont like the emerical answer)
        I Breifly read this earlier and my Impression was that it was good. No to
        give some rediculous Comments...
        At this moment the best I can do is first Impressions, and I have been
        critized before for making them, but I
        consider them merely as seed thoughts, near random... Comments. Below
        (Unless I get bored and go play chess)
        The schivo debacle was not an ethical argument nor a medical
        argument. It was a struggle over power and jurisdiction.

        [Bob Keyes] I disagree, it is all of the above. I cant tell you why at the
        moment or I will never finish this...

        It was a contest between the American jurisprudance system and cannon
        law of
        the roman church. Side players bellied up for a chance at the scraps
        but the main course was held and digested by the American judicary.
        Rome is rebuffed, the protestant right is set into its place and as
        the people of the world see the situation with greater calm they
        will understand that the power to die is still personal.

        [Bob Keyes] I completely AGREE !!!

        As existentialists our endless battle against bullying collectives
        is given a boost. Rome is a mad dictatorship who wishes to rule us
        all. It is a bit better organised than the protestant right and as
        we play them off against each other our advantage is gained by their
        destruction.

        [Bob Keyes] Agree....

        At the moment this is an idea contest between the
        pragmatists and the mystacists.

        [Bob Keyes] Pragmatists is to General. Rational Pragmatists , Please, I
        hope that is what you meant ?

        I think I see who has the
        advantage here if we can keep it to words.

        [Bob Keyes] As opposed to what ?

        Again in this light

        [Bob Keyes] Complete Stupidity

        the
        judicary has upheld its duty to uphold law and order.

        [Bob Keyes] Gee , they did there Jobs... are you paranoid or what (just a
        joke)

        I am not bold
        enough to suggest federal marshals should be sent to churches to
        enforce common law. I think that result will be slowly undertaken by
        public opinion and legislative caveat.
        Then again the mass of christanity finds itself facing the loss of
        two arch conservative magnates. Falwell and the pope are on the
        ropes and even though the organisations will garnish attention at
        their passing chances are younger and less rigid sorts may come to
        the fore.

        [Bob Keyes] Hate to break this to you but this argument is deeper than 2
        Men. It is a completely diametrically
        opposing view on the Life.(Faith vs No Faith) As Long as a Human Brain can
        accept both extremes they will exist. I am convinced which camp you are in
        is imprinted in your genetics from Birth, and there is nothing you can do
        about it... (Some Specualtion- but it seriously is my best explaination to
        date)

        Eithr way we will be waiting, ready to defend our personal
        liberties and ideas against the power blocks that will reform .It is
        what we do while we wait to die.

        [Bob Keyes] True !!! Every Generation has had its cross to bear, Nobody
        ever said it had to be good, it is
        what it is...

        Comments Bob...

        Bill

      • Trinidad Cruz
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Keyes" <rlk@w...> wrote:

          "I am convinced which camp you are in is imprinted in your genetics
          from Birth, and there is nothing you can do about it... (Some
          Speculation- but it seriously is my best explaination to date)"

          The real questions are: 1) Is a genetic predisposition to religion
          divided along racial lines? 2) How aware of this possibility is the US
          Government? 3) Is it included in Domestic policy at some level?

          Trinidad Cruz
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
            [Bob Keyes]
            > "I am convinced which camp you are in is imprinted in your genetics
            > from Birth, and there is nothing you can do about it... (Some
            > Speculation- but it seriously is my best explaination to date)"

            [Trinidad Cruz]
            > The real questions are: 1) Is a genetic predisposition to religion
            > divided along racial lines? 2) How aware of this possibility is
            the > US Government? 3) Is it included in Domestic policy at some
            level?

            Oh well, if we're into Speculating, why not?? I am convinced that
            religion is totally unconnected with genetics. All the DNA stuff
            makes no usable sense except in relation to environment. One's
            religion becomes noticeable in childhood, but only to the trained
            eye. Those with unhappy or traumatising or particularly dull
            childhoods may not want to recall that period of their lives,
            because the religious manifestations are unpleasing and in
            disguise. If the child hates easily, for instance, the form of
            religion that has the chance to develop subsequently for that
            individual will depend on the type of occasions for hate, whether
            personal, impersonal, planned, spontaneous, etc, and on the form
            which outbreaks take, verbal, physical, repressed, etc. A very
            rough sketch. Am in one of my protestant exasperation moods, seeing
            as I find Trini's characterisation of me as 'Iron Matron' so
            formlessly amusing. I need to know. Much remembering to reinstal
            and complete. More procrastination. Waiting now for the present to
            come into view. I guess schizophrenia is the most political social
            condition of all. It's my impression, anyway, that thought-crime
            evolves through many namings, and the namings will affect the
            individuals' chances of surviving the social persecutions or
            protections as prove destructive. Too much going on. Hoarse again,
            trying to communicate across an ocean. So I'd like to invite you
            all to the mythical island of our communal dreams. But then, that's
            me being religious. Looking back, I can see those tendencies
            emerging from the age of three years old, taking cognitive form by
            thirteen, and reaching out beyond my own cultural upbringing by age
            fifteen. In these solitary patterns we find our similarities. What
            is really humorous - not necessarily funny - is the way such as Bob
            and Trini suppose themselves to have no religion. I do learn,
            however, from both of you, though what exactly is difficult to
            convey, because difficult to integrate with what is already held, so
            intimately, it's not stored in language form.

            Louise
            ... focussed, if somewhat incoherent ...