Power death

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 7:23 AM
      The schivo debacle was not an ethical argument nor a medical
      argument. It was a struggle over power and jurisdiction. It was a
      contest between the American jurisprudance system and cannon law of
      the roman church. Side players bellied up for a chance at the scraps
      but the main course was held and digested by the American judicary.
      Rome is rebuffed, the protestant right is set into its place and as
      the people of the world see the situation with greater calm they
      will understand that the power to die is still personal.
      As existentialists our endless battle against bullying collectives
      is given a boost. Rome is a mad dictatorship who wishes to rule us
      all. It is a bit better organised than the protestant right and as
      we play them off against each other our advantage is gained by their
      destruction. At the moment this is an idea contest between the
      pragmatists and the mystacists. I think I see who has the
      advantage here if we can keep it to words. Again in this light the
      judicary has upheld its duty to uphold law and order. I am not bold
      enough to suggest federal marshals should be sent to churches to
      enforce common law. I think that result will be slowly undertaken by
      public opinion and legislative caveat.
      Then again the mass of christanity finds itself facing the loss of
      two arch conservative magnates. Falwell and the pope are on the
      ropes and even though the organisations will garnish attention at
      their passing chances are younger and less rigid sorts may come to
      the fore. Eithr way we will be waiting, ready to defend our personal
      liberties and ideas against the power blocks that will reform .It is
      what we do while we wait to die. Bill
    • Siobhan
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 7:44 AM
        Definitely. EE (existential ethics, that oxymoron) ARE, in the words
        of the exist-founders, the individual and his working out of the
        authenticity-bad faith and freedom-responsibility conundrums in an
        everchanging environment of facts and feelings. Our very modern
        struggle is against those who wish to wrest from us that choice which
        is the "ethic" itself. So whether the religious or any type of
        government (any broken branch can pull down the individual tree), we
        still have to decide for ourselves. In our country we are endanger of
        all branches twisting into some sort of hellish nightmare that only
        the strong will survive...Siobhan

        > The schivo debacle was not an ethical argument nor a medical
        > argument. It was a struggle over power and jurisdiction. It was a
        > contest between the American jurisprudance system and cannon law
        of
        > the roman church. Side players bellied up for a chance at the
        scraps
        > but the main course was held and digested by the American judicary.
        > Rome is rebuffed, the protestant right is set into its place and as
        > the people of the world see the situation with greater calm they
        > will understand that the power to die is still personal.
        > As existentialists our endless battle against bullying
        collectives
        > is given a boost. Rome is a mad dictatorship who wishes to rule us
        > all. It is a bit better organised than the protestant right and as
        > we play them off against each other our advantage is gained by
        their
        > destruction. At the moment this is an idea contest between the
        > pragmatists and the mystacists. I think I see who has the
        > advantage here if we can keep it to words. Again in this light
        the
        > judicary has upheld its duty to uphold law and order. I am not bold
        > enough to suggest federal marshals should be sent to churches to
        > enforce common law. I think that result will be slowly undertaken
        by
        > public opinion and legislative caveat.
        > Then again the mass of christanity finds itself facing the loss
        of
        > two arch conservative magnates. Falwell and the pope are on the
        > ropes and even though the organisations will garnish attention at
        > their passing chances are younger and less rigid sorts may come
        > the fore. Eithr way we will be waiting, ready to defend our
        personal
        > liberties and ideas against the power blocks that will reform .It
        is
        > what we do while we wait to die. Bill
      • Bob Keyes
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 10:50 PM
          My Last Comment on this Matter ( as if somebody reads anything I write, I
          dont like the emerical answer)
          I Breifly read this earlier and my Impression was that it was good. No to
          give some rediculous Comments...
          At this moment the best I can do is first Impressions, and I have been
          critized before for making them, but I
          consider them merely as seed thoughts, near random... Comments. Below
          (Unless I get bored and go play chess)
          The schivo debacle was not an ethical argument nor a medical
          argument. It was a struggle over power and jurisdiction.

          [Bob Keyes] I disagree, it is all of the above. I cant tell you why at the
          moment or I will never finish this...

          It was a contest between the American jurisprudance system and cannon
          law of
          the roman church. Side players bellied up for a chance at the scraps
          but the main course was held and digested by the American judicary.
          Rome is rebuffed, the protestant right is set into its place and as
          the people of the world see the situation with greater calm they
          will understand that the power to die is still personal.

          [Bob Keyes] I completely AGREE !!!

          As existentialists our endless battle against bullying collectives
          is given a boost. Rome is a mad dictatorship who wishes to rule us
          all. It is a bit better organised than the protestant right and as
          we play them off against each other our advantage is gained by their
          destruction.

          [Bob Keyes] Agree....

          At the moment this is an idea contest between the
          pragmatists and the mystacists.

          [Bob Keyes] Pragmatists is to General. Rational Pragmatists , Please, I
          hope that is what you meant ?

          I think I see who has the
          advantage here if we can keep it to words.

          [Bob Keyes] As opposed to what ?

          Again in this light

          [Bob Keyes] Complete Stupidity

          the
          judicary has upheld its duty to uphold law and order.

          [Bob Keyes] Gee , they did there Jobs... are you paranoid or what (just a
          joke)

          I am not bold
          enough to suggest federal marshals should be sent to churches to
          enforce common law. I think that result will be slowly undertaken by
          public opinion and legislative caveat.
          Then again the mass of christanity finds itself facing the loss of
          two arch conservative magnates. Falwell and the pope are on the
          ropes and even though the organisations will garnish attention at
          their passing chances are younger and less rigid sorts may come to
          the fore.

          [Bob Keyes] Hate to break this to you but this argument is deeper than 2
          Men. It is a completely diametrically
          opposing view on the Life.(Faith vs No Faith) As Long as a Human Brain can
          accept both extremes they will exist. I am convinced which camp you are in
          is imprinted in your genetics from Birth, and there is nothing you can do
          about it... (Some Specualtion- but it seriously is my best explaination to
          date)

          Eithr way we will be waiting, ready to defend our personal
          liberties and ideas against the power blocks that will reform .It is
          what we do while we wait to die.

          [Bob Keyes] True !!! Every Generation has had its cross to bear, Nobody
          ever said it had to be good, it is
          what it is...

          Comments Bob...

          Bill

        • Trinidad Cruz
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2 7:34 AM
            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Keyes" <rlk@w...> wrote:

            "I am convinced which camp you are in is imprinted in your genetics
            from Birth, and there is nothing you can do about it... (Some
            Speculation- but it seriously is my best explaination to date)"

            The real questions are: 1) Is a genetic predisposition to religion
            divided along racial lines? 2) How aware of this possibility is the US
            Government? 3) Is it included in Domestic policy at some level?

            Trinidad Cruz
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2 1:26 PM
              [Bob Keyes]
              > "I am convinced which camp you are in is imprinted in your genetics
              > from Birth, and there is nothing you can do about it... (Some
              > Speculation- but it seriously is my best explaination to date)"

              [Trinidad Cruz]
              > The real questions are: 1) Is a genetic predisposition to religion
              > divided along racial lines? 2) How aware of this possibility is
              the > US Government? 3) Is it included in Domestic policy at some
              level?

              Oh well, if we're into Speculating, why not?? I am convinced that
              religion is totally unconnected with genetics. All the DNA stuff
              makes no usable sense except in relation to environment. One's
              religion becomes noticeable in childhood, but only to the trained
              eye. Those with unhappy or traumatising or particularly dull
              childhoods may not want to recall that period of their lives,
              because the religious manifestations are unpleasing and in
              disguise. If the child hates easily, for instance, the form of
              religion that has the chance to develop subsequently for that
              individual will depend on the type of occasions for hate, whether
              personal, impersonal, planned, spontaneous, etc, and on the form
              which outbreaks take, verbal, physical, repressed, etc. A very
              rough sketch. Am in one of my protestant exasperation moods, seeing
              as I find Trini's characterisation of me as 'Iron Matron' so
              formlessly amusing. I need to know. Much remembering to reinstal
              and complete. More procrastination. Waiting now for the present to
              come into view. I guess schizophrenia is the most political social
              condition of all. It's my impression, anyway, that thought-crime
              evolves through many namings, and the namings will affect the
              individuals' chances of surviving the social persecutions or
              protections as prove destructive. Too much going on. Hoarse again,
              trying to communicate across an ocean. So I'd like to invite you
              all to the mythical island of our communal dreams. But then, that's
              me being religious. Looking back, I can see those tendencies
              emerging from the age of three years old, taking cognitive form by
              thirteen, and reaching out beyond my own cultural upbringing by age
              fifteen. In these solitary patterns we find our similarities. What
              is really humorous - not necessarily funny - is the way such as Bob
              and Trini suppose themselves to have no religion. I do learn,
              however, from both of you, though what exactly is difficult to
              convey, because difficult to integrate with what is already held, so
              intimately, it's not stored in language form.

              Louise
              ... focussed, if somewhat incoherent ...