Re: [existlist] different strokes (different xperiences for different folks)

  • Aija Veldre Beldavs
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2005
      Siobhan,

      thx!:) i agree. but also, often such choice of diverse challenges is
      primarily for the privileged. for most people on earth the challenge is
      simply to survive.

      folklore historically grew out of a sense of political injustice, a
      child of the Enlightenment yet rebelling against its contradictions
      (universality defined in terms of Empires of the most powerful nations
      denying the meaning of the particular, local & vernacular). it goes
      without saying it has its contradictions & ironies, esp. in misuses, as
      well...

      aija