The light

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      Siobahn, I find the chance of a trading cooperation between the
      west and islam to be a better possibility. I really do not care if
      they become existentialists and if they become self sufficient and
      prosperous , I doubt they will be much concerned with our
      philosophical beliefs. I think our wonderful materialism will win
      them over to ways that are more consumeristic and secular. We must
      help them drive out the old thieves who infect their society. It
      will take generations to teach the lazy bastards to work , perhaps
      we could split our work loads with them and we all might lead more
      balanced lives. Bill
    • NEFILIM001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2005
        Hi Bill;

        I agree with you that we cannot [teach] a Newly "acquainted" NearEastern
        Province the 'values' or lack of them, where Existentialism is concerned.
        They are as 'disturbed' as hornets and will not stop until a measure of
        their wrath is 'satisfied' in some particular manner -- against outside
        [Western] protagonists.
        It does seem their brand of aggression will remain with us for the
        immediate era, and perhaps long into the future. We can not wish nor hope these
        concrete facts away--and no brand of organized prayer can aid us in improving
        our collective world affairs.
        There is of course one thing--gross and diabolic as it might be, which
        we could utilize to "divide-and-conquer" these single-minded peoples of the
        NearEastern region: Fast-FOOD! And while we're at it, we can work to
        Fast-CAPITALIZE them/their attitudes -- into social and commercial oblivion!!!!

        Why not--it has worked on our other (enemy) Countries and Territories
        before?! One could say this is a terrible thing to inflict on others--but
        honestly, can anyone see any other way to neutralize--and perhaps win against
        such an all-or-nothing strategy
        What else can a 21st century (society or grouping of 'Western'
        "Open-Society(s)" do to project it/themselves from Fundamentalist Society(s) which
        (not so unlike our own faithful-extremists in some sense,) feel they have
        everything to gain by their ultimate, ne Religious actions?!
        Actually when we look at the odds, this 'fewer/faster' army of
        ours--(less the Nuclear Option; leading to WWIII), can easily declare the neo [X or Y
        Generation] is DOOMED.
        I am old enough to feel I am on-the-way-out; so whatever the decisions
        of either-side; essentially, I Don't Care! Let the 'fools' on either side of
        this foolish 'War' blow themselves to 'Kingdom Come"...I'm out'a here anyway!

        This is where my having been being thoroughly baptized in the deepest
        'waters' of Existentialism have served my comfort-factor quite well.

        Sincerely,
        Frank

      • NEFILIM001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2005
          --[[Please forgive the UnChecked Grammatical Errors in the last couple of
          Paragraphs...of my most recent 'contribution'. ((It is early Sunday
          morning--and I am suddenly exhausted and lazy)).]]

          Sincerely,
          Frank

        • Siobhan
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2005
            This is funny and possibly practical. I just heard a factoid the
            other day which said that the U.S. has never waged war with any
            country that has a MacDonald's...Siobhan