Who is right in this world?

  • gina goia
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2005
      --Louise,I'm right as you are!It is nothing wrong to explore the
      circumstances...it is nothing wrong to have doubts...those things
      pushed us further...or at least it calmes us down...what it is sure
      is that we always stayed still,only our mind and hopes escaped from
      dimensions...which it's great!without our mind we are vegetables,not
      even so...the greek literature it is wonderful full of stories or
      concepts which made us imaterial...our names means nothing if our
      words vanished in wind...gina- In
      existlist@yahoogroups.com, "louise" <hecubatoher@y...> wrote:

      > Again, Gina, you are right. Those are ethical absolutes,
      reflected
      > in religions all over the world. Nevertheless, the LORD expects
      of
      > Abraham the willingness to kill Isaac, as the only way a
      > transcendent God has of showing to a free man that it is not
      needful
      > to do the thing most dreaded and abhorred. To think is not to
      > imagine; to imagine is not to desire; to desire is not to do.
      There
      > are disjunctions. I disagree with Siobhan's reading of the
      Genesis
      > story. There is a difference between purgatory and hell. There
      are
      > different forms of despair, and there are different degrees of
      > consciousness. Cain is not Brad Pitt learning a script ... and I
      > say that in admiration of such fine actors. The modern world is
      not
      > the ancient world. We need re-interpretation, but also the
      > understanding of sameness and difference and absolute hiatus.
      Cain
      > is quite as grown-up as Abel. In fact, the age-old burden of the
      > elder brother is another of the themes of this extraordinary
      story.
      > Louise
      >
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "gina goia" <ginagoia69@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > --The smell of blood of an animal it is different than the scent
      > of
      > > blood of an human being!when we kill an animal means to feed!
      when
      > we
      > > kill an human being that means to murder!let it be the way it is!
      > no
      > > philosophy could change that commandament! gina- In
      > > existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Siobhan" <bravegnoobee@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Here's some more fuzzy myth and metaphor. Nihilism illuminates
      > the
      > > > ridiculous demand for blood. Cain says to God, "Well if you
      > prefer
      > > > blood, here's some of my brother's." His jealousy and murder
      > > > needlessly destroyed his doubt and integrity. He acted in bad
      > > faith
      > > > (understatement) and betrayed his genuine doubt. He was
      > counseled
      > > > hold his head high if he was convinced of the propriety of his
      > > > offering. He preferred instead the child's pat on the head.
      The