Re: "narcissism disguised as philosophy"-replay!

  • gina goia
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2005
      --Louise,we can't just turned back time!right now I'm sure that none
      of human being like to turned back to pick up from the very ancient
      times the low of killing...even God took the very extreme in
      tasting Abraham,asking him to give his son Isaac as a tribute of
      his faith...but He did stoped him!to kill or not to kill?...to kill
      your own brother?no!God...I just close my eye and think of better
      times!Put yourself togeder...escape from depression...2moro it is
      another day!gina- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "louise"
      <hecubatoher@y...> wrote:

      > Gina,
      >
      > It was I, not Siobhan, who suggested Cain was the first nihilist.
      > To me it [nihilism] is not a bad word. It is a word of hope. Eva
      > can also be the first. I like your idea. Men and women think
      > differently.
      > No man is 'just' a miserable murderer. The Calvinist doctrine of
      > total depravity provides one key to the puzzle, by teaming up with
      > ancient Hellenic paradox. Maintaining a sense of God's awful
      > sacredness, His otherness, and hence the 'wormlikeness' of all of
      > humankind, means that no individual, however virtuous, can look at
      > the worst of offenders and see no humanity there ... without
      > willingness to ignore some part of the real. We need the old
      Greek
      > plays, poems, language, the contexts of historical and political
      > study, in order to illuminate and recontextualise the doctrines
      > dying on the shelves of tired institutions.
      > If I were grander than I am, I'd be a tired institution also. Am
      > not satisfied with what I've written here, though it does seem
      > better than silence, so I'll post.
      >
      > Louise
      >

      > > "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain,
      and
      > > said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
      > > And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of
      > > sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
      > > And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the
      > > fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
      > > And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock, and of
      > the
      > > fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel, and to his
      > > offering:
      > > But unto Cain, and to his offering, he had not respect. And
      Cain