cioran vs.ludwig wittgenstein

  • gina goia
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2005
      hello,hanan...it is another way to see trough
      things,ludwig wittgenstein's work appear to me to be
      to sharp,or maybe to strict.ofcourse you can say that
      he is well leveled in the twentieth century...he did
      created a new window of "words with
      feelings",individual words,words being...at a very
      abstract level,to me...it is like starting to write
      using a ruler and then a pen,wearing allways a uniform
      or..."voice of interlocutor-everithing has to
      essence;"voice of aporia-but is this true?;"voice of
      clarity-it seems that this nation has been A
      presumtion",and than what's the conclusion?ansewering
      with another question?and so on...it is a bit dry for
      my needs,and it is like a show without stage...does it
      matter?not for everybody,of course!it is trully
      understanding that your needs of breathing seeks other
      directions,fare enough!any way,maybe latter i'm going
      to do more reading...about this "trinidad"tsunami i do
      think is hillarious!don't you.gina--- HANAN COHEN
      <vanez91335@...> wrote:

      > To my opinion Ludwig Wittgenstein is one of the most
      > influential philosophers of the twentieth century.
      >
      > Hanan
      > --- gina goia <ginagoia69@...> wrote:
      >

      > > -I read Cioran years ago,3 or 4 books...it is
      > great
      > > riding in time
      > > of confusion or depression...it is great because
      > he
      > > is so suicidal
      > > that you can not do anything else than stop
      > > youself...it gives you
      > > further hope...it makes you feel that there is no
      > > more place for you
      > > to suffer because he just didn't let any place to
      > > others...and
      > > without hopes,what is left? from his
      > work:"negation
      > > is the mind's
      > > first freedom,yet a negative habit is fruitful
      > only
      > > so long,as we
      > > exert ourselves to overcome it,adapt it to our
      > > needs:once acquired
      > > it can imprison us.
      >

      > > Imaginary pains are by far the most real we
      > > suffer,since we feel a
      > > constant need for them and invent them because
      > there
      > > is no way of
      > > doing without them
      >

      > > "It is because of speech that men give the
      > illusion
      > > of being free.By
      > > speaking they deceive themselves,as they deceive
      > > others;because they
      > > say what they are doing to do,who could suspect
      > they
      > > are not masters
      > > of their actions?
      >

      > > "Each time you find yourself at a turning
      > point,the
      > > best thing is to
      > > lie down and let hours pass.Resolution made
      > standing
      > > up are
      > > worthless;they are dictated either by pride or by
      > > fear.Prone,we
      > > still know these two scourges,but in a more
      > > attenuated,more
      > > intemporal form.gina-- In
      > existlist@yahoogroups.com,
      > > "Jan Van
      > > Biervliet" <JanVanBiervliet@G...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Life and Works of Cioran
      > > >
      > > > Cioran, the most important Euro philosopher,
      > > spiritualitist and
      > > > psychologist of the last century.
      > > >
      > > > Can you handle life?
      > > >
      > > > Including a Yahoo Group with over 400 people,
      > from
      > > over 40
      > > > countries. Moderated.
      > > >
      > > > Spirituality of Life and Death
      > > > http://www.geocities.com/PlanetCioran
      > > >
      > > > Just to give an idea....
      > > >
      > > > What will be the physiognomy of painting, of
      > > poetry, of music, in a
      > > > hundred years? No one can tell. As after the
      > fall
      > > of Athens, of
      > > Rome,
      > > > a long pause will intervene, caused by the
> [...]
      === message truncated ===