RE: [existlist] Religion is perhaps more valid than cussing and insult?

  • Rubster Cruiser
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 17, 2005
      >Such fear over even discussing
      >religion
      that would probably depend on whether you are pro religion or against. there
      is no point in arguing wen both parties are arguing the same point...
      also, my apologies if i seem a little lost on your religious point of
      view... i have been a little lost in the groups lately. havent read much...
      Rubster

      >From: Dodo de La Beaujardiļæ½re <teslahub@...>
      >To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [existlist] Religion is perhaps more valid than cussing and
      >insult?
      >Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:52:35 -0000
      >

      >Today I have read of people proclaiming themselves as smart and
      >having an "am-not" "am-so" type give and take like children of less
      >than ten. I have seen one who imagines himself to be a dominant
      >intellect, using offensive language to lash out at another member,
      >not once but twice. I have seen gratuitous assumptions, and other
      >incomprehensible behavior--incomprehensible especially from those who
      >think they can discuss philosophical thought. All this bringing
      >people to have to defend who they are in a combative rather than
      >constructive way.
      >
      >Is all this what existentialism is?
      >
      >I think not.
      >
      >Meanwhile just days back I was threatened with disbarment from the
      >group for discussing religion (which I honestly thought was in
      >context)?
      >
      >Had I been one to be offended, I would be offended more by the
      >violence, conceitedness/vanity, lack of self control, and plain ol'
      >silly behavior I have witnessed, than the language, or religion. It
      >is quite a way to end my day...so near to where real tragedy of the
      >tsunami has been, so clearly distant from understanding why so many
      >in this group are afraid of discussion and idea, and of looking hard
      >enough to comprehend another vantage. Such fear over even discussing
      >religion...it is shameful as a government that insists on covering
      >beauty with a burqa. There must not be enough real tragedy in your
      >lives that you can become so tragic over thought.
      >
      >Good day to you all. I hope you may find some peace.
      >
      >Dodo B.

      MSN Spaces! Your space, your time. http://www.msn.co.in/spaces Your personal
      haven online.