Re: Responding

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2005
      Siobhan, You express an opinion. Personally, I think it outrageous,
      and certainly false, but I will nevertheless defend your right to
      state that opinion, because I perceive it as attacking my reputation
      only, i.e., not also attacking my livelihood. If you were able to
      explore and interpret the archive here, you would realise that you
      have misjudged the situation. Furthermore, please understand I am a
      human being, not a character. Any histrionics are in deadly
      Nietzschean fashion, and I should be physically dead now, possibly
      by my own hand, if I had not adapted poetry and drama in order to
      counter slanders that were inexplicable to me. I think it
      objectionable also that you characterise me as the listowner, even
      in 'character', as in doing so you may usurp Susan's role, who as
      moderator does among other things defend the reputation of the
      actual listowner, CS Wyatt, who is also capable of defending
      himself, in any case. If we're talking ethical assessment here, I'd
      say you are innocently committing an impertinence, and I'm not
      particularly interested in your motives. Certainly I think it
      presumptuous in you to believe you can discern mine. We are
      scarcely acquainted. Louise

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Siobhan" <bravegnoobee@y...>