RE: [existlist] Re: Kierkegaard

  • Nolan Hatley
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 2, 2005
      Vickie,

      Yes! I saw this at Borders the other day, and after looking at the price
      searched the university library, sadly to no avail. I will probabbly end up
      purchasin it. What is this other biography by a Hong, you say? I also find
      the role of women in Kierkegaard's life extemely intriguing and interesting.
      In fact, this among other things has propelled me to a personal project
      that will take many years to acomplish concerning these aspects of K's life.

      Being unusual or different or weird is a virtue. It defies the abusive
      pracitces of the human mind to either assimilate (join) or stereotyoe
      (bash).

      I couln't agree with you more that Kierkegaard meant for his life to be
      deciphered, known, and experienced....performed..

      He wrote more for the ages that would follow than his own, I believe. He
      will grow more prominent in the Western conciousness as times continue--I
      predict.

      Enthusaistic and Encouraged,

      Nolan

      >From: "vickieyoungmays" <vickieyoungmays@...>
      >To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [existlist] Re: Kierkegaard
      >Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:44:42 -0000
      >

      >The author is Joakim Garff who is a Danish proff. that has been reseraching
      >Kierkegaard. I read the Hong's bio a few years ago and I felt like it was
      >pretty good.
      >I'll stay away from Hanley's if it's that bad. I'm not sure if there is
      >much else bio wise
      >on him, but his writings speaks volumes about his life. I am always
      >interested by the
      >role women play in Kiergegaard's life. He was a very unusual guy.
      >Vickie
      >
      >--- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Nolan Hatley" <the_nolster@h...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Who's the author? I'm reading Allistair Haney's biography of
      >Kierkegaard
      > > right now. It's pretty lame.
      > >
      > > Nolan
      > >
      > > >From: "vickieyoungmays" <vickieyoungmays@y...>
      > > >To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [existlist] Kierkegaard
      > > >Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 01:08:25 -0000
      > > >

      > > >Hi to everyone since I just joined this group.
      > > >
      > > >Has anyone read the new Kerkegaard Bio? Wow it must include every
      >detail
      > > >of his
      > > >short lived life at a hefty 872 pages adding up to 3 pounds of text.
      >Just
      > > >wanting to
      > > >know if it was worth my time.
      > > >
      > > >Thanks,
      > > >Vickie

    • Will Brown
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 20, 2005
        Hi, Will Brown here. For those of you who are interested in
        Kierkegaard, the following site contains a collection of K-quotes,
        attributed to source, including page numbers, that I add to from time
        to time. Presently, the collection has reached a tad over six hundred
        quotes. If any wishes to begin a dialogue on things Kierkegaardian, I
        am more than willing to comply.

        http://www.geocities.com/wilbro99/