RE: [existlist] blockheads

  • Nolan Hatley
    Message 1 of 49 , Feb 2, 2005
      Siobhan,

      I defy your little stereotype. I believe in God, in faith, and in Christ,
      and I would not call myself a nationalist at all. However, netither would
      I call myself disloyal to my country. Your being just as dogmatic as those
      with whom you dislike. Who are you to make conclusions on so many? What
      backs up anything you say? This regresses back to the intellectual
      prejudice that "diagnoses" others. Yuck.

      Irritated,

      Nolan

    • George Walton
      Message 49 of 49 , Feb 13, 2005
        I not only formed a philosophy of life...I defend it. And I defend it existentially.

        So, defend yours.

        Dodo de La Beaujardiļæ½re <teslahub@...> wrote:

        > Religion!

        George,

        Why must religion be something that is preached or prosthelytised? Just like you
        seem to have formed your own phlosophy, might you not form your own religion NOT
        based onother religions and other ideals?

        My guess is that, philosophically, you already have. It doesn't matter what other
        religions have caused.

        I have not spoken of my own, merely because I do not expect you or anyone else to
        believe what do. What I believe (be it in god or not) is my religion, and
        immaterial, though I might think I have a good basis on which to base my belief
        (good enough for my logic). I cannot tell if your belief is right or wrong, good or
        bad...Except that if I have a level head and think, I may be able to understand it. I
        understand many religions, and believe in none of them as they are written.

        yet, I do believe in my own.

        I think you can describe your god. You just need not be afraid of whatever it is.

        Dodo B.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        document.write('');