Re: Kierkegaard

  • vickieyoungmays
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 2, 2005
      Thanks for the reply. I would think Kierkegaard would have loved for me to read his
      bio, after all this is the man who said, ""The day will come when not only my writings,
      but precisely my life--the intriguing secret of all the machinery--will be studied and
      studied." And who rewrote all his journals feeling cofident one day they would be
      widely read.
      Vickie

      -- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "louise" <hecubatoher@y...> wrote:

      > Vickie,
      >
      > I think Kierkegaard himself would say, 'no', but hey, the man was an
      > ironist. If you either enjoy it or feel in any other way impelled
      > to start and continue the read, surely do so ... with a very clear
      > conscience ... :-)
      >
      > Louise
      >
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "vickieyoungmays"
      > <vickieyoungmays@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi to everyone since I just joined this group.
      > >
      > > Has anyone read the new Kerkegaard Bio? Wow it must include every
      > detail of his
      > > short lived life at a hefty 872 pages adding up to 3 pounds of
      > text. Just wanting to
      > > know if it was worth my time.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Vickie
    • Will Brown
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 20, 2005
        Hi, Will Brown here. For those of you who are interested in
        Kierkegaard, the following site contains a collection of K-quotes,
        attributed to source, including page numbers, that I add to from time
        to time. Presently, the collection has reached a tad over six hundred
        quotes. If any wishes to begin a dialogue on things Kierkegaardian, I
        am more than willing to comply.

        http://www.geocities.com/wilbro99/