Authentic, altruistic bravery

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
      Louise, In my thinking , the extremity is the crucible of courage. A
      group of people just changed my concept of them to people of
      great worth. The Iraqi voters are world heroes.
      When I thought of going to stand in line, unarmed, I tried to
      imagine the nerve it would take to wait like sacrificial lambs . To
      challenge armed fanatics to dare to trample on their ideals these
      people should be remembered as founders of their country. It all
      calls to honor a greater spirit of man.
      These actions are a far higher matter than politics. These are the
      actions of authentic people who proved they felt their honor to be
      of greated worth than their very lives. As George Patton said in
      another time, "People who`s actions speak with such eloquence
      deserve to be saved."It rings of the revolutionary spirit of,"Don`t
      tread on me", and from your history, "We band of brothers".
      I feel better about the world today. I am inspired and thank those
      brave new patriots. Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
        Bill, You are right. Even I can't work out what I meant yesterday
        when I said you were always right, as you're not. Think it's
        something to do with the influence of others, especially strong when
        our house and my person are assailed as I try to go about my
        business here at home (i.e. shopping and walking about for
        relaxation). Anyway, I think you're probably wrong about Osama Bin
        Laden. He is of rich Saudi origins, a true warrior, and outraged no
        doubt that after helping you Americans against the Soviets in
        Afghanistan he was betrayed as a warrior. The religion is
        separate. I think insult against the true Islamic faith doesn't
        really come into it for either Osama or Saddam. They are not
        practising Islam, at least to my perception. It is a mantle donned
        for political purposes on account of Western duplicity and resource
        greed. Anyway, the armed conflicts are real, and the deaths are
        real. I am perfectly serious about re-interpretation of the sacred
        texts which form part of the context of politics, which is why I
        wanted to move away from the subject of moderation disputes, science-
        existential mixes, and the Krishnamurti message which I respect but
        which is unconnected with this site. The complexity of the modern
        world is terrifying to the unwary. I am certainly wary, but have no
        spiritual fear, and understand that this fact of my inner existence
        can hardly be read without inevitable misinterpretation by the
        conventional ... whether conventionally atheist, agnostic,
        Christian, etc. Even Aleister Crowley finds a place, an honourable
        place, in all this, but his thinking is not existentialist nor
        political. I am against badness. That includes bad art, bad
        politics, bad business, bad jokes. And bad philosophy, i.e.,
        emoting which passes for thought. Louise

        > Louise, In my thinking , the extremity is the crucible of courage.
        > group of people just changed my concept of them to people of
        > great worth. The Iraqi voters are world heroes.
        > When I thought of going to stand in line, unarmed, I tried to
        > imagine the nerve it would take to wait like sacrificial lambs .
        > challenge armed fanatics to dare to trample on their ideals these
        > people should be remembered as founders of their country. It all
        > calls to honor a greater spirit of man.
        > These actions are a far higher matter than politics. These are
        the
        > actions of authentic people who proved they felt their honor to
        be
        > of greated worth than their very lives. As George Patton said in
        > another time, "People who`s actions speak with such eloquence
        > deserve to be saved."It rings of the revolutionary spirit
        of,"Don`t
        > tread on me", and from your history, "We band of brothers".
        > I feel better about the world today. I am inspired and thank
        those
        > brave new patriots. Bill
      • Jeff Cunningham
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
          Bill dont forget to take your medication.

          http://my.yahoo.com