Re: camp ferocity

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2005
      Hello, Louise.

      I have so many things to express just now, but first I wanted to
      thank you for being a mirror for me sometimes. In otherwords, I see
      very human things about myself in you which is good and sometimes
      bad. I've been missing my husband who provides much intelligent
      conversation and intimacy not found anywhere else. So, anyway, I
      don't want to pontificate, only offer a little philosophy, hopefully
      existential ala Louise. Yes, we hear about the global village and
      galaxies but what does it mean without the ability to affect or
      communicate. The ducks, the squirrels, and the birds in our little
      park were hit by an ice storm. Just a little ice and our little
      village was turned upside down. The critters simply died or adapted.
      I haven't been able to gain access into the park, because of all the
      downed trees. It's still probably very dangerous. My point, hopefully
      is this: we humans are somewhat cursed in our ability to observe and
      cognate, because we suffer, seek explanations like Job, accuse like
      Satan; when all we can really do is sympathise, empathise, hold
      someone's hand, send money, etc. I suppose existentialism is knowing
      that presently we aren't able to prevent disasters or find solutions,
      only react in a human way sans 'isms. Suffering causes some of us to
      want progress. In the absence of any better explanations, we're
      pretty much free to decide the why's and wherefore's for ourselves.
      And if we are alone, at least we're alone together. Our ability to
      think must have some purpose or at least be developed to do so.

      Mary Jo

      > Sheesh. It all makes you want to tear it up and begin over again.
      >
      > Like, Tri-nid-ad could mean 'commercial attempt to find three-nest
      > solution', or, keeping it short, TC aka Black Madonna.
      >
      > Just who speaks to whom around here??
      >
      > eduard can speak for himself, in whatever venue he please, but if
      we
      > relate Nooism to existentialism or phenomenology or anything
      > plausibly topical to this group, i don't mind giving my opinion qua
      > nooist. first instincts are often right though, Mary, and Nooism
      > [nooism, whatever ...] is usually best left at the designated
      > group. you always said you weren't a nooist but since the science
      > was in its primitive phase even eduard couldn't articulate quite
      > what it was, so i guess that's why you joined. as for me, the
      > Nooism project is integral to my life, just like the life/thought
      of
      > the philosophers i have loved, it's all part of the same thing to
      > me. Trinidad's tale about the dishes and the garage is both nooist
      > and existentialist, but then that's my unique perspective ....
      until