Re: Pizzlepaddle

  • Knott
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
      > Being a teach seemed an important badge to you a week or so ago when
      > you tore up the newbie with sarcasm, writing of teaching in five
      > universities, and controlling your personal classroom with
      > blackboard analogies

      TC, Congratulations. Again, you make up facts. If you look back
      (here, message 31732, 12/22/04, not last week) the reference was
      somewhat funning with Rubick's Cubeser who suggested "if i was
      judging your teaching abilities....you're fired." knott knowing I
      was, once, a teacher (#31702). I may be again--who knows--but I
      thought it ironic. I let him know I had been a teacher and was never
      fired from the university teaching positions I had...each institution
      had far more than a few emails to judge by. The fact of employment
      was used not to defend intellectual ability or used as a banner of
      pride, as you suggest. It was merely to point out that had I been
      worth firing, there were five decent shots at it. There is nothing
      less impressive in an arguement than:

      gbr) citing intelligence and respect owed because of a degree one
      achieved. Degrees prove nothing.

      7) Using employment by the white tower quarter as proof that you know
      something. Many people in various fields positively stink at their
      jobs.

      hooty-who) making up facts to create a point for an arguement which
      you have nothing left to fuel.

      All I know is I wasn't fired.

      I also said nothing of 'controlling' a 'personal classroom' with
      blackboard analogies. Where DO you get this stuff? If this is how
      carefully you read, and if it is a display of your comprehension and
      memory and the effort you feel reading deserves, why do you expect
      that anyone will give your writing more attention (in my opinion more
      than it deserves)? You expect everyone to examine your careless words
      with a microscope in one hand and a dictionary in the other whilst
      ignoring the lack of punctuation order of words, or, seemingly,
      point -- yet you can't even get simple, researchable facts correct.
      Does that give you license to make them up? Perhaps you are
      brilliant, but no one will ever know if you can't make sense, and
      can't be bothered to try. There is a place for nonsense. Perhaps this
      is it. If so, it makes for even less to discuss than there was
      before. I am quite good at making things up, and I can create a whole
      fantasy about you as well. "fantasy' is perhaps the wrong word.

      straight or people will think you are an unreliable narrator.

      Waving D. Pizzlepaddle