Re: simple statements

  • Knott
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
      > I'm more like Robert Creeley -
      > apt to hide in the library or at home hoping against hope that I
      > won't be required to come up with a conversational gambit.

      He may not have liked to do it, and he may have often been dry going
      ("etcetera, etcetera"), but having been around him more than a few
      times, he could get quite animated in the right company. I remember a
      reading once where he read a single poem several times, reading it
      twice and then coming back to it after reading several in between to
      try and get it to make the sense he felt it did, trying to get the
      shell of it to permeate the croud. It was one of my favorite 'acts of
      poetry'. You'd never know by his wry smile that he would have
      preferred to hide -- at least not just then.

      PS -- I speak of him in past tense as I have not seen him in probably
      6 or more years.

      Pocketvest Dangling