Re: bacon's existentialist expression

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
      My god, what has got into you?? I hope not. Don't you remember I
      admitted fancying myself as Achilles. I'm the one who has dedicated
      thousands of hours to the Homeric poem. I also think it highly
      disrespectful to Brad Pitt to admit publicly to wanting to look up
      his kilt. Not that I do. I'd rather listen to what he has to say.
      Let me explain what I mean by 'chill'. Stop assuming that the
      archives contain some terrible secret we must all avoid thinking
      about. And let me make you a specific offer: try to find a posted
      message from last year that is calculated in your view to give
      maximal offence to me and minimal offence to anyone else, and give
      me a chance to interpret its innocence. Maybe you think you're
      Allah, trapped in a fantasy world. That would be blasphemy, and
      distinctly not helpful here.

      ... the epitome of sweet reasonableness ... :-))