Re: bacon's existentialist expression

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
      Hey Louise,

      Chill, Beware, Bothered aren't in my vocab. I too am looking forward
      to looking up Achilles' gold plated kilt. Please, take a holiday.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
        My god, what has got into you?? I hope not. Don't you remember I
        admitted fancying myself as Achilles. I'm the one who has dedicated
        thousands of hours to the Homeric poem. I also think it highly
        disrespectful to Brad Pitt to admit publicly to wanting to look up
        his kilt. Not that I do. I'd rather listen to what he has to say.
        Let me explain what I mean by 'chill'. Stop assuming that the
        archives contain some terrible secret we must all avoid thinking
        about. And let me make you a specific offer: try to find a posted
        message from last year that is calculated in your view to give
        maximal offence to me and minimal offence to anyone else, and give
        me a chance to interpret its innocence. Maybe you think you're
        Allah, trapped in a fantasy world. That would be blasphemy, and
        distinctly not helpful here.

        Louise
        ... the epitome of sweet reasonableness ... :-))