Reasonable

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 3, 2005
      Trinidad,

      I agree that formula and dynamic are evolutionary. The objects in our
      universe, although necessary, should not be the focus of
      phenomenology. They are proven, given. It may be entirely reasonable
      to assume that the dynamic precedes the object. One could hypothesize
      your proposed model without a religious mindset.

      The Moment

      Before the girl picking field daisies
      Becomes the girl picking field daisies

      There is a moment of some complexity

      Kenneth Patchen

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Trinidad Cruz" <trinidad@i...>
      wrote:

      > Reasonably things are never obliterated only changed. Hydrogen is
      > hydrogen. Oxygen is oxygen. In another formula they are water. The
      > objective universe is only a presentation of cognition itself. The
      > underlying objectivising dynamics are as formulaic as what they
      > present as objective. Deconstuction leads to cognition trying to
      > present itself. The very first thought nascent in any nature, of any
      > nature, arose from a formula. The nature of the essence of things
      has
      > never been important to cognitive understanding; only the dynamics
      and
      > the formula. Understanding them is the beginning of self-trust based
      > on reason. Self-trust based on reasonable proof is unassailable
      > lasting cognitive life. We are not cogs in a thinking machine. Our
      > essential problem is the development of an utilitarian terminology
      > adequate for proof of life at this present level of devlopment.
      Beyond
      > that are new formulas, and the old become our proven foundation of
      > existence. All existential states are chosen to be proven onward.
      The
      > direction is always onward into understanding. Masks of delusion are
      > only obstacles to reason with a built in stop: death. We humans who
      > now speak and write to one another, all begin cognitive assessment
      > arisen individually of a fundamentally identical formula. The nature
      > of fundamental or originating essences is that none of them are the
      > same in any way whatsoever. Similarity is acheived through
      > formulation. Reasonable proof allows the continuation of an ongoing
      > enjoyment of similarity enabling communication between what
      > essentially cannot communicate with any other in any other way.
      >
      > Trinidad Cruz
      >
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, George Walton <iambiguously@y...>
      wrote:

      > > The more you think about the nature of human identity...the manner
      > in which it is thrown as Dasein into a circumstantial stew at birth
      > and than indoctrinated for years to internalize a prefabricated
      sense
      > of reality...the more you realize this: not only is the candle
      > ultimately a profoundly problematic existential conflation...but so
      is
      > home. They are no more real than the manner in which we ceaselessly
      > construct, deconstruct and reconstruct them over and again on our
      > cosmological blink of an eye sojourn from dust to dust.
      > >
      > > Had Earle's life been markedly different he would be whistling a
      > very different tune today. And no one tune can be said to be any
      more
      > authentic or true or moral or right than any other one. Chance,
      change
      > and contingency. Add them all up in any individual's life and the
      > permutations are, for all intents and purposes, infinite. As are the
      > interpretations of what they all mean.
      > >
      > > And that's before you die and are obliterated for eternity.
      > >
      > > george

    • Monte Morris
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 14, 2005
        Louise,
        sorry for the late reply. My job has kept me (mostly)
        away from e-mail these last few weeks and I'm still
        only skimming subject headings.
        Suicide is indeed looked at differently in Japan than
        in the west, and it is culturally different. THe west
        has an idea of sin attached to taking one's own life,
        a by-product of Judeao-Christian teaching.
        In Japan, sometimes suicide is considered the
        honorable choice in the face of failure, a remnant of
        the Samurai honor code. Now, those who lose their
        jobs, or who are failing at work, or who blame
        themselves for bad marriages, or the way thier
        children turn out, may commit suicide.
        Furthermore, some high school students are known to
        commit suicide if they don't get into the college of
        their choice.
        Indeed, Japan needs to take a harder look at the
        stress in their lives and find ways to address the
        problem of suicide and other incidents of irrational
        behavior.
        --Monte
        --- louise <hecubatoher@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > compared with that in Christendom, where there is a
        > strong residual
        > association with shame or sin or guilt or cowardice
        > in many people's
        > minds, when the subject is even mentioned. It seems
        > that in Japan
        > it's much more of a 'lifestyle' choice, absolutely
        > morally neutral,
        > though of course that universally human phenomenon
        > of compassion
        > means that there are some Japanese putting their
        > time into trying to
        > help those in spiritual despair or delusion. I
        > think the first step
        > for us all is to recognise that we do not understand
        > other people,
        > nor what is best for them. Patient endurance,
        > lively curiosity,
        > faith whether accompanied by religious beliefs or
        > not, an instinct
        > for reticence, a boldness to speak when needful, all
        > these things
        > contribute to the hope for cross-cultural harmony.
        > A sense of
        > humour is nice to have, but it's not one of the
        > essentials. On a
        > personal level, no-one ever hurt my feelings by
        > failing to have a
        > sense of humour.
        > Louise
        >
        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Monte Morris
        > <monteamorris@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Bill,
        > > I don' have a whole lot of time to reply to this
        > > e-mail about the cult and cult mentality in Japan,
        > but
        > > a lot of the problems of cults is a by-product of
        > how
        > > Japan's society is structured.
        > > Approaching the idea of japanese religious
        > > organizations with a western mentality distorts
        > what
        > > is really going on here.
        > > Many members of these "cults" are people who feel
        > > ostracized by their society and the way it is
        > > structured. There is some excellent scholarly
        > books
        > > written on cults in Japan and the way these people
        > > think.
        > > The cult who committed the subway attack wasn't
        > done
        > > in unison and there was in fact a large amount of
        > > dissent.
        > > Further, this sort of violent act on such a
        > dramatic
        > > scale is not the only one to have happened
        > recently in
        > > Japan. A high school boy hijacked a bus with a
        > machete
        > > and killed several women on board and severely
        > > mutilated several others, while holding a small
        > child
        > > hostage with the machete to her throat.
        > > I believe the problems in Japan are not
        > "religious"
        > > per se and looking for those problems in a
        > religious
        > > context serves to distort the problem---Japan has

        =====
        --Monte Morris
        Philosopher wannabe
        Japan