Re: damned cheeky

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
      Damn,

      Are you one of those sloppy beer drinkers Bill was referring to? We
      didn't get his progress report New Year's Eve. Hope his wife didn't
      get him into too much trouble. I pray his heart withstood all the fun.

      Mary the Sacred Whino

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Knott" <god@t...> wrote:

      > > I've already had
      > > a halfpint of beer tonight, and it served its purpose. For me
      it's
      > > not enough that Christ should sustain one, if one is Christian.
      > > What is required in addition is Christianity. That's a huge
      social
      > > project. In a sense, it's never been attempted yet. Jesus of
      > > Nazareth was nothing if not demanding.
      >
      > Damn, i guess my several pints puts us at intellectual odds. In
      other words, my dear,
      > I've lost your train of thought. It is difficult to tot up my
      actual pint intake as the
      > percentages vary so...
      >
      > But if you are saying most christians need to have a good belt, I
      couldn't agree more.
      > If you think christ should have a pint...pronto I say.
      >
      > nible bible
    • Knott
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2005
        > Are you one of those sloppy beer drinkers Bill was referring to?

        I keep well groomed, and do not tend to sloppy. Those who brew do not tend toward
        'sloppy', as such would be for amatuers. Each bottle aged as fine wine, and it would
        ruin the experience to get sloppy over it.

        What i meant to suggest was, 1 pint of swill @ 3.5% is not comparable to 1 pint of
        homebrew @ 9 or 11% ... it's just math. If you are downing a half-pint of bud (though
        just mentioning 'pint' suggests not this), it's just a sip of real beer like we make in the
        cellar.

        If i have 2 of my pints I can't equate with half of yours without more detail...

        But here nor there, I couldn't fathom what you were saying, blame my brew, or yours.

        Untold Damage
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2005
          look, who are you, anyway? do you think you're god or don't you?
          i've never assumed so. what has the quantity of beer we've consumed
          got to do with an intellectual argument? these are occasionally
          matters for symbolism when one is faced with enemies or confused
          friends entangled in psychical realities they've waded too far out
          to deal with in responsible fashion. in fact, i've nothing much to
          say in this reply if i were to dignify my message as such.
          refreshment of the list in my view continues to be necessary. the
          intensity of concentration required to follow the linkages between
          philosophy and academic or alternative sciences is beyond me right
          now. i'll be plodding on with the men i trust: Heraclitus,
          Epicurus, Aristotle with massive reservations, Socrates as rebel and
          sceptic, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche and sundry less prominent figures:
          Herbert Spencer, David Hume, Christopher Smart, Robyn Hitchcock, to
          whom I listen right now. Worship?? Electricity. I love and do not
          adore. Honour is the starting point, and gratitude eventually
          follows.

          As for the Christians, especially in the 'land of the free', there's
          quite enuogh Belt to be going on with, surely.

          You are also wise to lose my train of thought. I would not wish you
          to get crushed.

          Modern Prophet
          ... walking in the footsteps of Mohammed ...

          - In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Knott" <god@t...> wrote:

          > > I've already had
          > > a halfpint of beer tonight, and it served its purpose. For me
          it's
          > > not enough that Christ should sustain one, if one is Christian.
          > > What is required in addition is Christianity. That's a huge
          social
          > > project. In a sense, it's never been attempted yet. Jesus of
          > > Nazareth was nothing if not demanding.
          >
          > Damn, i guess my several pints puts us at intellectual odds. In
          other words, my dear,
          > I've lost your train of thought. It is difficult to tot up my
          actual pint intake as the
          > percentages vary so...
          >
          > But if you are saying most christians need to have a good belt, I
          couldn't agree more.
          > If you think christ should have a pint...pronto I say.
          >
          > nible bible
        • Knott
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2005
            > do you think you're god or don't you?

            I am as good a gawd as 'duard, but that isn't saying much.

            The reference to gawd is only that I am gawd if I am, as i perceive, the only world
            view. Everything is created by my perception of it...however errant. Of course, that
            idea is limited by my misunderstanding, which is abundant.

            SO, i am not gawd if you want gawd to be what you would perceive as gawd. I yam
            gawd if i am my perception of the world, which i make up...but i may be deceived.

            Flushed Toilette
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2005
              Knott, I very much like fencing with you, but if any kind of god is
              the subject, we seem rather doomed to be self-enclosed. You refer
              to 'duard, who seems to me your own creation, one I don't believe
              in. Whether he's willing to accept it or not, Eduard is my dramatic
              Jehovah figure, because he has stayed loyal through every storm to
              my need to state what I am and what I imagine, without coercion or
              terminal menace. That is the connection I find with the God of
              mercy and justice in the Old and New Testaments. It would not
              surprise me if I make little sense to you. As I keep repeating,
              some things take years to explain, and I feel I need a holiday,
              without really the means to achieve that. But two good days of rest
              and sleep might be enough. I haven't even seen my psychiatric nurse
              yet ... Louise the existentialist

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
                > The reference to gawd is only that I am gawd if I am, as i
                >perceive, the only world view. Everything is created by my
                >perception of it...however errant. Of course, that
                >idea is limited by my misunderstanding, which is abundant.

                Interesting, Knott, that you characterise/understate/parody the
                conception of deity by calling it gawd. A cartoon theology, rather
                than an historical theology illuminated by modern references,
                including film, animation, etc. The latter is what interests me.
                Eduard's Nooism is I believe complementary to or at least compatible
                with my own poetic/dramatic meanderings. I certainly have never
                found eduard's contributions to existlist as promulgating
                exclusivist theological ideas, or exclusivist anything, actually.
                Seems to me such baseless accusations, open or implied, were what
                used to persuade him he was wasting his time here. And certainly
                I've gone through periods of feeling the same way. Just that I'm so
                mercurial, these periods would tend to last hours rather than
                weeks. Speaking of Mercury, I was just thinking how helpful it
                might be if we poetic types [addressing anybody here who wants to be
                included] re-named the planets of the solar system, since scientists
                get to do so much of this labelling business, usually without the
                first clue of the spiritual resonances invoked. Yes, I might go
                away and work on that little project ...

                pope the innocent
              • Knott
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
                  > Interesting, Knott, that you characterise/understate/parody the
                  > conception of deity by calling it gawd.

                  there is nothing of what you say there. gawd is merely my way of spelling what
                  everyone else already thinks they understand. i will not capitalize as it is not the same
                  reference in every frame.

                  This is a practical decision.

                  As to you and le Duard...or to you alone as both -- it is not unlikely that you are the
                  same, using a frivolous AKA
                  (but unlikely that you are as you seem to use different words--if so, good play).
                  Duard is, however, quite an idiot. i don't state such terms lightly. Too embedded in
                  the 'reality' of his precious science (and i do have a science/mathematical background
                  predominant to my written one) to realize that he is not perceiving even immediately
                  what he thinks he sees. In fact, his science should tell him that sound comes after
                  sight...and that the syncronicity of sense may be errant -- as seems to be most of
                  perception, and more, our ridiculous interpretation of it.

                  many people, for example, want to see the worst in a perspective, when I suggest that
                  even murderers likely have an explanation for their disinteresting choices. Women
                  almost insist that a man is bad, from my experience. it is a horemonal endulgence.
                  Marz and venus, no doubt.

                  I have probably never said this here...I once posed in a chat room that i was a female
                  interested in men. Knowing reasonably what men might like, I posed a scenario of
                  what i might like to do to a man, and the chat, which was loud and boistrous with
                  many people clamoring in, became quite quiet....and listened to my false 10 minutes
                  or more of fantasy play-acting. no one typed an interruption. Doubtless several took
                  matters into their hands. In the end, more than five refused to believe i was not
                  female, and no less than three continued to stalk my screen name for about a month,
                  begging me to return to that facade...to me it was an exercise in interest--not as to
                  how I could be a woman, but as to how well i could play a man's desire for one.

                  In short, there is evil, and slack fun, and a combination of all. When one takes
                  another's perspective too seriously, they are themselves the fool. I don't believe in
                  any of you...even Bill, whose drill I feel the best.

                  Narcodic Sljavic
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 4, 2005
                    Knott,

                    Your reply to my comments don't make much sense to me. I'll
                    intersperse my own replies:

                    --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Knott" <god@t...> wrote:

                    > > Interesting, Knott, that you characterise/understate/parody the
                    > > conception of deity by calling it gawd.
                    >
                    > there is nothing of what you say there. gawd is merely my way of
                    spelling what
                    > everyone else already thinks they understand. i will not
                    capitalize as it is not the same
                    > reference in every frame.

                    Where do you get this from?? "what everyone else thinks they
                    understand"!! I thought you were a teacher, retired or not, rather
                    than some crazed cult leader or political dictator. What are your
                    grounds for such a truly absurd generalisation?

                    > This is a practical decision.

                    What is?

                    > As to you and le Duard...or to you alone as both -- it is not
                    unlikely that you are the same, using a frivolous AKA
                    > (but unlikely that you are as you seem to use different words--if
                    so, good play).

                    Excuse me!! le Duard seems to be your own invention - and I got
                    into hot water with Susan for ignorantly borrowing your moniker for
                    eduard, when Bill helpfuly explained to me how it 'burned him off'
                    (eduard that is) because you two didn't get on well, so I got all
                    upset in public and the moderator tells me not to be so personal ...
                    remember? Well, that last message was probably sent to me privately
                    by Susan. Anyway, I was most confused. I can only assume you have
                    a suppressed worship-fetish, and le Duard is your god - someone to
                    be resentful toward, perhaps. No, it's just a speculation. Of
                    course I don't know what's in your mind, any more than you know
                    what's in mine. And as to plain facts, eduard lives in Quebec,
                    Canada, I live in England, UK. We have never met, nor even
                    communicated by telephone. It's really intriguing, this possibility
                    of internet contact. I do find myself wondering about the sound of
                    people's voices. Photos give the visual rendition, of course.

                    > Duard is, however, quite an idiot. i don't state such terms
                    lightly. Too embedded in
                    > the 'reality' of his precious science (and i do have a
                    science/mathematical background
                    > predominant to my written one) to realize that he is not
                    perceiving even immediately
                    > what he thinks he sees. In fact, his science should tell him that
                    sound comes after
                    > sight...and that the syncronicity of sense may be errant -- as
                    seems to be most of
                    > perception, and more, our ridiculous interpretation of it.

                    There are more things in heaven and earth, my friend, than you can
                    quantify. I sure know what a 'scientific' assessment of my mental
                    condition led to in my own case ...

                    > many people, for example, want to see the worst in a perspective,
                    when I suggest that even murderers likely have an explanation for
                    their disinteresting choices. Women almost insist that a man is bad,
                    from my experience. it is a horemonal endulgence. Marz and venus,
                    no doubt.

                    Hormonal, maybe, and not necessarily indulgence. More like
                    necessity ... until one trains oneself philosophically/religiously
                    not to give way to hormonal cues. That's what Nooism is about, but
                    much more also.

                    > I have probably never said this here...I once posed in a chat room
                    that i was a female
                    > interested in men. Knowing reasonably what men might like, I posed
                    a scenario of
                    > what i might like to do to a man, and the chat, which was loud and
                    boistrous with
                    > many people clamoring in, became quite quiet....and listened to my
                    false 10 minutes
                    > or more of fantasy play-acting. no one typed an interruption.
                    Doubtless several took
                    > matters into their hands. In the end, more than five refused to
                    believe i was not
                    > female, and no less than three continued to stalk my screen name
                    for about a month,
                    > begging me to return to that facade...to me it was an exercise in
                    interest--not as to
                    > how I could be a woman, but as to how well i could play a man's
                    desire for one.

                    aha!! your secret is out, old cutie, a fantasist, an amorist, an
                    amateur sleuth psychologist, indeed, a natural pre-conscious ...
                    nooist neophyte.

                    > In short, there is evil, and slack fun, and a combination of all.
                    When one takes another's perspective too seriously, they are
                    themselves the fool. I don't believe in
                    > any of you...even Bill, whose drill I feel the best.
                    > Narcodic Sljavic

                    love and kisses, dear buffalo, from doting newly-groomed poodle ...