Afraid

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2004
      Mary, I do not fear the freedom any longer. I have exercised a
      great deal of personal inutiative and blatent free choice.I do not
      advertise and If I can exercise personal choice with no
      involvement of others , all the better.
      The butterfly therom bothered me for a time but the involvement
      with existential responsibility slowly cleared me of that
      particular form of angst. Just as there is only so much we can know,
      retain, there is only so much we actually affect. Chaotic , random
      effects that flow from our actions I attribute to the problem we
      spoke of recently, change. That C is used as the symbol of constant
      I think of the true constant as being change. We can barely affect
      change and I think it a human duty to guide change in the few
      situations when we find the power. When those moments come and
      then fade is the ideal situation to test ones worthyness to
      inituate change. How much chaos have you spun up, how much damage
      will you need accept personally. How much have you exposed yourself
      to the nut fringe and their unpredictable vengance? I think I have
      spoken before of meeting Col. Tibbits of Enol Gay fame. You talk
      about 10,000 yard eyes!This man has all those 120,000 burned out
      eyes in his dreams. He was at a question and answer session but
      nobody ask any questions, they just set and stared at him and he
      stared back with those eyes. I went up to his table and saluted him
      and thanked him. He replied "I appreciate that' And gave me a slight
      smile. That guy made the existential decision of the last century
      and survived. I do not know if he still lives but he is proof that
      such burden can be carried. Bill