Actaeon

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2004
      Louise, What I can make out of it is the Ovid has this huge long
      verse with many stories in it. It is his metamorphosis. The bit you
      sent me I could not find but I think it refers to when Actaeon
      was spying at Diana taking a nude bath in a creek. She catches him
      and turns him into a stag.
      Is that what was depicted in the painting? Was he all hairy as
      yet. How did Diana look? What happned to the dogs? Bill