Re: where does the shaman exist?

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
      Louise, the shaman him/herself believes they can live in either world
      or both simultaneously. They experience in their own minds a place
      time distortion or displacement. I was trying to offer a creative
      solution for a tragic situation. Whatchu got besides pig shit non-
      comments? Mary

      > Mary,
      >
      > Is this man in custody? And, if so, how does he 'cross over and
      > disappear into his shamanic realm'? Sometimes I think you
      humanists
      > (not a word I would use to describe Bill, though), have the most
      far-
      > out ideas of all. Otherwise, I can't really comment. autres
      > moeurs, autre pays, autres lois. pig-french, anyone??
      >
      > Louise
      >
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Jo" <alcyon11@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Vang will never find a jury of his peers; and if his defense team
      > > finds any sympathetic jurors, it will be a miracle. Native
      > American
      > > shaman aren't respected. Why would he? My advice to this poor
      > > misplaced, mystically misguided refugee would be to cross over
      and
      > > disappear into his shamanic realm. That's the only way he'll
      > appear
      > > insane to the rest of the world and find some refuge. It's been
      > known
      > > to happen. Mary
    • Mary Jo
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
        Bill, hasn't most of that secret wars era info been declassified? I
        always worry about the men who served in special situations becoming
        security risks. They can disappear or get set up as appearing to be
        wacko. You'd think they find ways to protect them, but when something
        as egregious as a Malvo happens, there's not much they can do I
        suppose. The Hmong are literally living in two worlds. From time to
        time, realities will clash. It doesn't look good for the shaman. Mary

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
          Whoa!! Mary, it's nice to see what you've got in the locker, at
          last ... You're far more suspicious than Eduard ever was, but as
          you've got tons less testosterone than Bill, I'm not quaking in my
          boots. I just think you're being patronising to this guy. Your
          superior attitude makes me nauseous. That's not personal, not for
          the kind of nihilist I am. I don't condone murder, but then I don't
          condone an ignorant righteousness either. Louise