Re: where does the shaman exist?

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
      Mary,

      Is this man in custody? And, if so, how does he 'cross over and
      disappear into his shamanic realm'? Sometimes I think you humanists
      (not a word I would use to describe Bill, though), have the most far-
      out ideas of all. Otherwise, I can't really comment. autres
      moeurs, autre pays, autres lois. pig-french, anyone??

      Louise

      > Vang will never find a jury of his peers; and if his defense team
      > finds any sympathetic jurors, it will be a miracle. Native
      American
      > shaman aren't respected. Why would he? My advice to this poor
      > misplaced, mystically misguided refugee would be to cross over and
      > disappear into his shamanic realm. That's the only way he'll
      appear
      > insane to the rest of the world and find some refuge. It's been
      known
      > to happen. Mary
    • Mary Jo
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
        Louise, the shaman him/herself believes they can live in either world
        or both simultaneously. They experience in their own minds a place
        time distortion or displacement. I was trying to offer a creative
        solution for a tragic situation. Whatchu got besides pig shit non-
        comments? Mary

        > Mary,
        >
        > Is this man in custody? And, if so, how does he 'cross over and
        > disappear into his shamanic realm'? Sometimes I think you
        humanists
        > (not a word I would use to describe Bill, though), have the most
        far-
        > out ideas of all. Otherwise, I can't really comment. autres
        > moeurs, autre pays, autres lois. pig-french, anyone??
        >
        > Louise
        >
        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Jo" <alcyon11@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Vang will never find a jury of his peers; and if his defense team
        > > finds any sympathetic jurors, it will be a miracle. Native
        > American
        > > shaman aren't respected. Why would he? My advice to this poor
        > > misplaced, mystically misguided refugee would be to cross over
        and
        > > disappear into his shamanic realm. That's the only way he'll
        > appear
        > > insane to the rest of the world and find some refuge. It's been
        > known
        > > to happen. Mary
      • Mary Jo
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
          Bill, hasn't most of that secret wars era info been declassified? I
          always worry about the men who served in special situations becoming
          security risks. They can disappear or get set up as appearing to be
          wacko. You'd think they find ways to protect them, but when something
          as egregious as a Malvo happens, there's not much they can do I
          suppose. The Hmong are literally living in two worlds. From time to
          time, realities will clash. It doesn't look good for the shaman. Mary

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
            Whoa!! Mary, it's nice to see what you've got in the locker, at
            last ... You're far more suspicious than Eduard ever was, but as
            you've got tons less testosterone than Bill, I'm not quaking in my
            boots. I just think you're being patronising to this guy. Your
            superior attitude makes me nauseous. That's not personal, not for
            the kind of nihilist I am. I don't condone murder, but then I don't
            condone an ignorant righteousness either. Louise