This round of hidden agenda.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2004
      Monte, Front line politice has degraded to an artillery dual with
      little or no resemblance to truth or the deeper , unspoken issues
      that drive the election strategies of the partys. This round was
      particularly loathsome from the point of discernable truth.
      Anyone with a knowledge of economics, military strategy, world
      energy needs, present technological abilities and many other
      diciplines that teach parts of the world situation could see the
      west had run itself up on a situation of need which we had ignored
      for any numbrer of reasons. Our enemies held the resources that
      controlled our productive societies. The politicians from both sides
      needed a screen of excuse from our pitiful state. Bush , in his
      first nine months wes drounding in the first waves of the
      connundrum. I still have a difficult time with El Kaeda tactics in
      attacking and solidifying the US when we were hemmoraging
      internally from so many sources. They gave Bush the answer, we had
      been given the chance to destroy the tenuous mid east governments.
      Along with this came the opportunity to have military control of
      the great oil fields of Iraq, Kuwate and Saudi .The US saw the paper
      thin vaneer we would need use to exploit this chance. Here Bush,
      Rowe and Chaney proved the perfect oil men the, perfect sales front.
      Over and over they repeated the mantra of the need to liberate the
      mid eastern peoples. We all heard it and those of us who had an
      understanding of our situation began to chant in unison to the
      lyric. Soon the Democrats realized our duty to save the oppressed
      women of the Taliban while other fact finders found Saddams torture
      chambers. We had been attacked and our excuse level supported over
      all action. Bush and his henchmen had pulled us into over all
      conflict in the very area of the world we needed most. After that
      all the crap of the campaign was an easy sell relative to the first
      big necessary lie. Damn few Americans even mentioned oil, it just
      was not germaine.
      So now we stand at the point of decision where the amount of
      threat must support the cost of a barrel of oil. We know Iraqi
      reserves are nearly twice what we had expected. We still need high
      priced oil to support a high priced first world economy. The Arabs
      who had millions of troops on oil rich lands have only Iran and its
      toppling Theocracy. Bush still preaches of the righteoness of his
      decisions as Arafat dies and Saddam rots in jail. Who was John Kerry
      and that strange Arab in the cave? Let`s out some queers and
      finish the cleansing of our national conscience. A good morning
      prayer meeting should do the job. It is good to be back to values
      and no longer awash in the flow of seminal ideas. Bill