Balzak and Pointing Figure

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2004
      Louise, I once attended a show that featured The Balzak and
      Pointing Figure. The surity of Balzak was backed by the untouchable
      certitude of his time. Balzak was commerence, he was science, he was
      the confluence of confidence for all knowledge. Yet the greater part
      of all he held with such soldarity was wrong. His mercantile world
      would be shattered by movements he could not even envision.
      The frail, pointing figure seems littl match for the massive over
      genius of ages past. It would seem the openness of one unafraid to
      change has a value that exceeds the poundage of certitude. Carrying
      all that unassalable rightousness intruded on the life processes of
      even a genius. A realisation that all can and will change can grant
      a consistancy that supercedes outrages of shorter duration. Perhaps
      all cannot be withstood and in the end defeat faces us all. Yet,
      that we have weathered any tempest so alone and so naked is a
      wonderous victory. Each moment survived in honesty is a jewel of
      individual courage and self survival.
      The balzak had achieved the apex of his time but his bones will
      more closely resemble the frail lattice of pointing figure than the
      fatted excess of his pulcratude. The two works are wonderfully
      juxtapposed and I think they hold lessons from the past toward the
      future. Thank you for the reminder, Louise. Bill