Re: Strange happening

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
      I told you, Louise, I'd accompany you armed with tomatoes and my
      hammer-head sword cane. and men? most men can't dig our affinity with
      nature, and prefer wrestling around on the ground and playing with
      guns, but you have to admit they (men) are rather charming and offer
      something unique. Bill, Tom and I were just talking about the brown
      shirts and our wealthy wannabe cowboy rulers today. Theocratic
      Thugs !!

      > Bill, I just returned from a walk. All the teenagers have gone
      > home, a few older ones were in the pub, a peaceful evening. Even
      > met my old friend the pussycat who followed me one night almost to
      > the cemetery. She was vocal and affectionate, but took my advice,
      > that we couldn't really walk through half the village together.
      And
      > I did go as far as the cemetery tonight, and turned round again,
      and
      > as I gazed up to the half-moon above siver-blue cloud in an indigo
      > sky, it seemed to me my whole life has been a dream, one of those
      > glimmering moments of the transient divine which seem so close to
      > anxiety, unsure whether one is nervous of the moment ending or of
      it
      > evolving into something too far out. Memories ... Anyway, the
      most
      > reliable ecstasies, of a non-carnal kind, are of more solid nature,
      > substantial with context, usually literary, say, if I had laboured
      > hard with my Homer translation, and memory and moving mentation
      > alike strengthen to work in harmony, time slows and every instant
      > may be savoured with consciousness, hand in hand with eternity -
      > implying no claim on the immortal, for I tasted all these fruits as
      > an out-and-out atheist, the life intensely delicious for my
      > conviction it could only come once, and must die. And I must obey
      > my body's fatigue and lie prone unconscious soon, lids blinking
      now.
      > So good, to live in a tiny world. The psychiatrists may label
      > it 'grain of sand syndrome'. Prescribe me ambrosia. Louise
      >
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@m...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Louise, My curser just grew a bar code. It is a big one that
      makes
      > > typing real difficult.
      > > Our woods are full of things that can do one real harm.
      > > Therefore it is normal to be armed anywhere outside city
      limits.
      > > More than once I have invited some malefactor to beg for their
      > life.
      > > Interestingly these types never seem to divulge such encounters.
      > It
      > > makes for a cleaner, more thought provoking woods. Perhaps you
      > > should consider sticking a 38 in some assholes ear. The word
      seems
      > > to spread by osmosus with the bad guys giving you a wide birth.
      It