Strange happening

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
      Louise, My curser just grew a bar code. It is a big one that makes
      typing real difficult.
      Our woods are full of things that can do one real harm.
      Therefore it is normal to be armed anywhere outside city limits.
      More than once I have invited some malefactor to beg for their life.
      Interestingly these types never seem to divulge such encounters. It
      makes for a cleaner, more thought provoking woods. Perhaps you
      should consider sticking a 38 in some assholes ear. The word seems
      to spread by osmosus with the bad guys giving you a wide birth. It
      is a sure way to insure ones privacy and inforced solitude. I think
      better when I think secure. Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
        Bill, I just returned from a walk. All the teenagers have gone
        home, a few older ones were in the pub, a peaceful evening. Even
        met my old friend the pussycat who followed me one night almost to
        the cemetery. She was vocal and affectionate, but took my advice,
        that we couldn't really walk through half the village together. And
        I did go as far as the cemetery tonight, and turned round again, and
        as I gazed up to the half-moon above siver-blue cloud in an indigo
        sky, it seemed to me my whole life has been a dream, one of those
        glimmering moments of the transient divine which seem so close to
        anxiety, unsure whether one is nervous of the moment ending or of it
        evolving into something too far out. Memories ... Anyway, the most
        reliable ecstasies, of a non-carnal kind, are of more solid nature,
        substantial with context, usually literary, say, if I had laboured
        hard with my Homer translation, and memory and moving mentation
        alike strengthen to work in harmony, time slows and every instant
        may be savoured with consciousness, hand in hand with eternity -
        implying no claim on the immortal, for I tasted all these fruits as
        an out-and-out atheist, the life intensely delicious for my
        conviction it could only come once, and must die. And I must obey
        my body's fatigue and lie prone unconscious soon, lids blinking now.
        So good, to live in a tiny world. The psychiatrists may label
        it 'grain of sand syndrome'. Prescribe me ambrosia. Louise

        > Louise, My curser just grew a bar code. It is a big one that makes
        > typing real difficult.
        > Our woods are full of things that can do one real harm.
        > Therefore it is normal to be armed anywhere outside city limits.
        > More than once I have invited some malefactor to beg for their
        life.
        > Interestingly these types never seem to divulge such encounters.
        It
        > makes for a cleaner, more thought provoking woods. Perhaps you
        > should consider sticking a 38 in some assholes ear. The word seems
        > to spread by osmosus with the bad guys giving you a wide birth. It
        > is a sure way to insure ones privacy and inforced solitude. I
        think
        > better when I think secure. Bill
      • Mary Jo
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
          I told you, Louise, I'd accompany you armed with tomatoes and my
          hammer-head sword cane. and men? most men can't dig our affinity with
          nature, and prefer wrestling around on the ground and playing with
          guns, but you have to admit they (men) are rather charming and offer
          something unique. Bill, Tom and I were just talking about the brown
          shirts and our wealthy wannabe cowboy rulers today. Theocratic
          Thugs !!