The circus and the mob

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      Whan we think of the great blood sports of Rome we come first to
      the Colleseum. Hand on hand slaughter defined a civilisation. But
      there was another blood sport spectacle that was pursued by an avid
      and more wealthy participant. Placing a cherioteer in the Circus
      Maximus was an expensive and risky business. Many died and few won.
      The seeds of the modern Circus were sowed by no darker figures
      than wiskey runners and Richard Nixon. While tanks of shine were
      racing down country roads, Nixons hard hat thugs were beating heads
      in American cities. They considered them selves just rebels,
      protecting a way of life somehow tied to the legacy of the
      confederacy and a courtly authoritanism. That they more closely
      resembled Rhome`s SA was not noticed in simpler times. That
      intellectuals were ridiculed as unpatriotic and news of a lost war
      was supressed suited both Nixon and the budding Nascar crowd. They
      had begun their southern strategy which is solidified in the bed
      rock social ethic of George Bush and his Christian Right.
      Some see this as the twilight of American idealism and
      liberalism. Perhaps it is time for the movement to die. Yet the
      Brown Shirts still crowd the grandstands. The blood spirt with its
      call to victory and dominance still remains. Bubby Jack has traded
      his hard hat for a Nascar cap and a fresh brew. He never gave much
      of a fuck about religion other than something to whup on queers
      about. He is just as ignorant and malleable as the hard hats and the
      Brown Shirts and I think I can see the new SS striding in black
      boots around the corner. They have outsourced Bubby`s construction
      job as they destroyed his union. Bubby did not notice that, he was
      at a right to life rally which he really did not understand. He
      beat some bitches heads and went to the races. They promised him he
      would get a high tech job but it doesnt seem to pay much. They say
      they want a piece of his social security but he needs it to pay for
      his Dodge Hemi. His old lady is having another kid and won`t be able
      to work. Maby the church will help out. Anyway Bush will fix it he
      is one of them. Were going to vote for george and jesus and have
      faith.
      At that moment an armoured car guns down all but five of Bubby
      and his friends. They will be going to the Circus Maximus to shovel
      shit for the horses of the rich. Bill