the great wen, friendship and fatigues

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2004
      IN THE LATEST PROOF OF ACKROYD

      1/4 inch to the W. of
      '*fibres, hair, ash, burnt paper*'
      a small insect has died

      4 legs attached, the fifth
      and sixth a mere stain

      their substance on the opposite page,
      solitary, 1/4 inch to the E. of

      '*disconcerted Hawksmoor. He
      called for a roll of adhesive tape*'

      Iain Sinclair, poet [as well]
      flesh eggs and scalp metal, Selected Poems 1970-1987
      Paladin 1989

      ... a poet I have actually seen in the flesh, to introduce his
      friends, I believe, at a reading for three poets in Durham, 90's,
      probably. performance artist, simulating the earth, round-bellied,
      in travail, and there was Bill Griffiths also, the Anglo-Saxon
      boffin, and there's always a third man ...

      Louise
      ... amnesiac daughter of memory ...